PDA

View Full Version : EP3 fuel pump

happysnax
01-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Whilst driving my EP3 yesterday, i had my foot on the accelerator no more no less, and teh car began jerking, from accelerating to decelerating.
It most likely would be my fuel pump giving out

Does anyone know if the fuel pump is interchangeable with other civics?

JohnO
03-02-2011, 10:10 AM
was your air con on? feels like my powers cut to half while running aircon and having a few people in the car. other than that i remember stalling once and the fuel wasnt injecting properly and the engine was bogging,struggling to run.

Blackep3
26-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Just a word of advice if you have to change your fuel pump. Workshops charge $160 for an Ep3 fuel pump, you can buy the same Ep3 fuel pump for $80 off ebay.

bennjamin
27-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Just a word of advice if you have to change your fuel pump. Workshops charge $160 for an Ep3 fuel pump, you can buy the same Ep3 fuel pump for $80 off ebay.

as in EP3R ? what is the part number for reference....and how to change ? Is the filter part of the fuel pump assembly ?

blk_shadow
27-02-2011, 04:48 PM
dont buy OEM fuel pump, too expensive. the fuel pump can be purchased separately from the intank fuel filter. I used to use Walbro on mine, but i cant remember which one.
To change, you have to pull out the whole fuel filter assembly from the tank (access it from underneath the rear seats).

At the opening: u might want to check your fuel filter too, it might be blocked. in tank fuel filter is meant to be changed every 80,000kms.

markkkwan
20-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Hiya,
I don't mean to resurrect this thread (i'm aware that it was 2 years ago) but i'm having the same problem with my EP3 now.
At first i thought it was TPS but now i'm thinking Fuel Pump.
Did you just replace it?

chongy
22-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Dont rush to buy anything as yet. Pull out your fuel pump assembly and check the fuel pressure regulator. It is held in place by a plastic "C" shape clip which tends to deform over time and opens up. Therefore not hold the regulator securely in place. Once this happens the fuel pressure from the pump slides the regulator out of place causing the fuel pressure to the fuel rail to decrease. A simple solution is to use a cable tie to prevent the "C" clip from opening up and hold the regulator securely in place.