PDA

View Full Version : Need help trying to figure out these coilovers

diablo
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK2-COILOVER-SPRINGS-ADJUSTABLE-02-04-ACURA-RSX-DC5-/270683129652?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f05f8c734

exactly what are these 'coilovers' and how do they work and are they any good?

bennjamin
01-02-2011, 06:26 PM
they are stiff springs held within a "coilover sleeve" that utilizes your standard shocks. This shown , goes in place of your standard spring , enabling you to raise and lower each corner within a set height.
Problem is these springs are far too short and stiff for OEM shocks - resulting in a choppy ride at any height. Avoid.

diablo
01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
lets say i had an option between this option and reseting my springs which one would you recommend?

mocchi
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
lets say i had an option between this option and reseting my springs which one would you recommend?

between those two options, you should buy king springs.

diablo
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
yeah but king springs doesn't give me the drop i want, i want it sitting at least near the tyre

bennjamin
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
yeah but king springs doesn't give me the drop i want, i want it sitting at least near the tyre

just to let you know - doing this will destroy your handling , destroy your ride comfort , destroy your tyres prematurely too.

Sitting near the tyre is about 1 finger gap ? Surely some kings super lows can obtain this. Dont reset your springs - this weakens them

dougie_504
02-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I think King Springs come in Low, Super Low and Ultra Low. Super Low will give you the look you want I believe. If you're going to get coilovers get something decent.

diablo
02-02-2011, 10:57 AM
but the beauty of dc5 is that they dont make super lows and all that for it. I want something decent but im not willing to spend as 1k or so for it

bennjamin
02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
but the beauty of dc5 is that they dont make super lows and all that for it. I want something decent but im not willing to spend as 1k or so for it

then you cannot get anything. You have asked for the impossible - its like asking "....i want a ferrari , but only for $500. ".

Riced_Civic
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
^^^^^ LOL, i like that quote

mugen_ctr
02-02-2011, 05:25 PM
oh skunk 2, rated, an better than the cheap china coil springs, unless u get matched shockers, these have no real benefit on a car with stock shockers...

Stick to coilovers, or get matched springs an dampers

I find it hard that ppl can cheap out on cars that cost like 20k like DC5, yet on a cheap EG ppl spend HEAPS on it lol

diablo
03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
yeah thanks for the insight, who know i might find a ferrari for 500 ;) lol
i might just get normal king springs to get a little drop

90LAN
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
if you lower your car too much on a dc5
a common problem is that your oem engine mounts go quicker too

dougie_504
04-02-2011, 01:10 AM
yeah thanks for the insight, who know i might find a ferrari for 500 ;) lol
i might just get normal king springs to get a little drop

There's always hope.

I remember in the UK in about 2004 or 2005 a Lotus Espirit sold for 50p. Seriously :)

In fact here's the story, in short:

DJ's wife sold his Lotus for 50p

A controversial radio DJ's wife sold his £25,000 sports car on eBay for just 50p after he flirted with Jodie Marsh on air.

Kerrang 105.2's Tim Shaw told the model he was prepared to leave his wife and their two children for her, reports Metro.

Wife Hayley was listening and immediately posted an advert for the Lotus Esprit Turbo with a 'Buy It Now' option of 50p.

The item description read: "I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street."

The car sold within five minutes.

On a previous occasion, the DJ upset Mrs Shaw, 27, when she was pregnant by ringing her sister live on air and saying he thought about her while having sex with his wife.

Mrs Shaw said: "When he said he would leave me and the kids for Jodie Marsh, that was it for me. I am sick of him disrespecting this family for the sake of his act.

"The car is his pride and joy but the idiot put my name on the log book so I just sold it. I didn't care about the money, I just wanted to get him back."

She added: "There is no hope for a reconciliation." A Kerrang 105.2 spokesperson said the DJ was 'absolutely gutted'.

mocchi
04-02-2011, 06:10 AM
looooool!!
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiii! i need to become ebay stalker at once.