PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts for crx

lukuk
01-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey guys im looking at putting a b16a into a 88 crx and i was just wondering what the difference is with engine mounts i was looking at buying the innovate ones from the U.S but im not sure which ones are best street, track, or racing.....

dougie_504
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
If it's a street-driven car get the one with the soften polyurathane rating, because the stiffer the mounts get the rougher it will feel with the engine vibrations running through the chassis of the car.

What B16A are you planning to put in? Find one with a cable-box if you can - hydro-clutch conversion is a PITA.

ECU-MAN
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Avid mounts are quit good, not to harsh for day to day driving.

used in this DIY (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?46374-DIY-ED9-(-88-gen2-CRX-)-B16A-Engine-transplant)

lukuk
02-02-2011, 02:02 PM
cheers guys i will source some softer mounts i dont want a rough ride... and i got a b16a1 engine with a cable-box... i pretty sure i have all parts to do the conversion minus the mounts.... also i got the jap backseat to go in my car but its an aus spec car when i get a blueslip is it possible to make it a 4-seater instead of a 2-seater.... i know the backseat is pretty much useless anyways its just a gimick really lols.