PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Vti-R = Civic Type R??

lovesil
23-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Hello guys,

I have just downloaded the Best Motoring Type R Legend. By looking at the 0-400m results, it seems DC2 Vti-R has the same results as a Civic Type R. Therefore, is it fair to say, buying a VtiR is the same as buying a Civic Type R! (In terms of handling and performance)

Sp3rMz
23-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I would not believe that is a true statement. Have a quick read of this thread.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12938

KB
23-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Personally I would say buying a Civic Type R would be like buying a Civic Type R :P

Vti-r Teg has 170hp
CTR has 185hp

Both have different chassis, different handeling characteristics, looks, performance ect ect.

IMO i think the CTR would lay the chop on strip/street/track in stock form.

EDIT: IN your post you state that they have simular 0-400m times. But how could you say that they would be equal in handeling characteristics from this info. As usually in most drags if im correct, you dont steer too much :p

Flash_Gordon
23-01-2005, 05:50 PM
is that brand new cars or any particular year ?

Savant
23-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I would not believe that is a true statement. Have a quick read of this thread.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12938

isn't that thread talking about a civic vtir?

Therefore, is it fair to say, buying a VtiR is the same as buying a Civic Type R!

jeez mate, big call. I think the CTR would handle a fair bit better around the track than the dc2.

And just because you can find one similarity between the two cars does not mean they are the same. Hey a dog has 4 legs and so does an elephant. So buying a pet dog is the same as buying a pet elephant.

Come on, think!

lovesil
23-01-2005, 08:03 PM
OK! my bad! I change my statement! In stock form, Civic Type R's handling will owned a DC2 VtiR, but in terms of straight line performance, they are rather of the same! Both are quoted low to mid 15s in the Type R legend video! And i'm referring to the EK Civic Type R

And yes, i seen the thread of a Civic Type R own the DC2 VtiR! But do remember, these drivers in the thread is no where as professional as the drivers in Best Motoring!

Sp3rMz
23-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Let me just say the TYPE R legends BMI only tested type R and no Vtirs. So if you're comparing Ek99 (BMI) to someone else claim its not a fair comparission as there many factors to consider. EK9 would out run a VTIR staight line and corners.

lovesil
23-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Sorry! but they do test the 0-400m on Integra Type R, Integra VTiR, Civic Type R! Of course they didn't compare VtiR and Civic Type R together, but i'm just taking the individual results and compare myself which is both around low to mid 15s!

Let me just say the TYPE R legends BMI only tested type R and no Vtirs. So if you're comparing Ek99 (BMI) to someone else claim its not a fair comparission as there many factors to consider. EK9 would out run a VTIR staight line and corners.

Sp3rMz
23-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I believe it was Integra type R 96 Integra Type R 98 and Civic Type R. Hence the titel "TYPE R LEGNENDS". But im not gonna debate this, i may be wrong i double check.

Sp3rMz
23-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah Ok..They had an Integra SIR that did 15.99 which is a better engine then VTIR. Yet Civic Type R clocked 15.93. Yes close times but once again SIR and VTIR still not the same.

ginganggooly
23-01-2005, 10:35 PM
luzinit managed a 15.1 in his civic, i'd expect a stock ctr to pull a quicker time than that...

were they timing them uphill or something?

lovesil
24-01-2005, 01:02 AM
oh yes! this leds me to another question! Does SiR only exist in Jap and is it the same as aus VtiR??

bennjamin
24-01-2005, 01:24 AM
luzinit managed a 15.1 in his civic, i'd expect a stock ctr to pull a quicker time than that...

were they timing them uphill or something?

Luzinit wasnt exactly stock....but still a very good result :)

Im sure a stock CTR does pull slgihtly better times. . .

altho...now that i think about it....why do we even care ? Arent these cars made for the corners + not the straight ? :rolleyes:

kenshin
24-01-2005, 01:35 AM
not much in it...

Sp3rMz
24-01-2005, 03:48 AM
oh yes! this leds me to another question! Does SiR only exist in Jap and is it the same as aus VtiR??
Don't quote me on this one but i believe the SiR = USDM Integra GSR? Thats what i have been told so I'm not sure myself.

man.exe
24-01-2005, 08:32 AM
The JDM SiR is different to the AUDM VtiR becuase the Jap-spec cars are tunned to running their engines based on 99-octane petrol. Australian spec engines are always losing a few KW's becuas our petrol is a bit less quality.

STOCK
24-01-2005, 08:49 AM
VTiR same performance/handling of the CTR? i think not.....

lovesil
24-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Well! If a SiR is tuned for Octane 99 fuel! So, it wouldn't be too far off if a VTiR is tuned on 98 Octance fuel then!

Savant
24-01-2005, 11:16 AM
nah mate, dc2 are tuned for 95 octane.

I wish my dc2 was as fast as a CTR and i've love to back you up on this, but it really isn't!

however i'd expect the CtR to go faster than 15.93

Civic Type R
25-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah Ok..They had an Integra SIR that did 15.99 which is a better engine then VTIR. Yet Civic Type R clocked 15.93. Yes close times but once again SIR and VTIR still not the same.I take your word for it but the CTR is a much quicker car than 15.9 !
Take these videos with a grain of salt. Lets be realistic here, The CTR is lighter than the Integra VTiR / SiR-G and has a LSD for accelleration. Some JDM non-R Integras have LSD too.

Its all down to the driver. A good GSI driver can beat a VTiR Integra and Civic. I have also seen a Civic VTiR beat an ITR.

There are more CTR time vids floating the internet and i might host some on my website for downloading.

cheers :)

one more chance
26-01-2005, 05:06 PM
i dont know about the integra vtri and sir
but for the civic, the ausdm vtir is 160hp
and the SiR is 170hp.

difference is mainly in the ecu...but there are others too

EK9
26-01-2005, 11:18 PM
well if we talking about straight line, from my experience i can only assume that a CTR would do a quarter mile bout low to flat 15 sec. ITR would do under 15sec and a VTiR teg prob closer too 16.

i haven't tracked my car or put it on a drag strip, but i did it on an rsm wen i first got my car and i clocked 15.1. dunno how accurate this is but that's my point of view ;)

handling? well CTR was built for that so i say it would out do a teg vtir anyday :D

VTEChnique
27-01-2005, 11:50 AM
hmm B16A EG5 will chop Teggy VTiR so I'd say c'mon the EK9 would chop all !! hahah

170HP EG5 vs 190HP EK9 ?

Civic Type R
27-01-2005, 01:42 PM
hmm B16A EG5 will chop Teggy VTiR so I'd say c'mon the EK9 would chop all !! hahah

170HP EG5 vs 190HP EK9 ?your kinda straying off topic and EK9 has 185HP - not 190.

We are referring to stock JDM cars here - not your hybrid EG.

VTEChnique
27-01-2005, 01:53 PM
oohh my bad.. sorry I meant Power Stroke >> 170PS vs. 190PS

190 PS = about 185HP.

but c'mon adam calm down - u trying to get me banned again ?? LMFAO !!

My EG5 has complete JDM Engine and trans.. is more JDM than your bastard hybrid so I dont know why you're getting up on your soap box - or are you just trying to hit that 2,000 posts mark ??

why dont you just ignore my posts on here adam - or are YOU trying to get banned ?

jeebus I'm back on here not even ONE day and you're crying already while once again I am just trying to contribute usefull info/comparison which is directly related to the thread.

Lovesil actually asked if a "VTiR" integra (AUS ONLY MODEL) would be same as an EK9 or vice versa - nothing to do with JDM.

Moderators please take note !!

vti-2
27-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Guys, calm down. Keep the replies on topic and if you have something you want to discuss between yourselves, take it to PM, email or the real world.

VTEChnique
27-01-2005, 02:09 PM
VTi-2..

not a problem I am a born-again OZ-Honda member - I am determined to not get the flamage started up again - but then I log on for the first time in a month and cop THIS when I am posting 'normally' and on-topic.

as you can see, the problem doesnt necesarilly lie with myself, as you can see with the above demonstration.

as far as I'm concerned "it" is over and is obvious some people need to grow up and move on...

that's all I have to say on "that" topic :P

Civic Type R
27-01-2005, 02:28 PM
email sent to VTEChnique.

VTEChnique
27-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Post removed

vti-2
27-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Bede - Adam sent you an email for a reason, so that you 2 can sort out any issues you have in private and off our forums. Deal with your problems off our forums! Our members as well as myself are sick of reading your endless bickering. I thought we were already past this.

If I see one more off topic post here, I will issue a warning.

regards.

VTEChnique
27-01-2005, 04:24 PM
PM sent - no reply ?? Vic I thought you online 24/7 ? u seem to moderate my posts 24/7

wynode
27-01-2005, 05:03 PM
PM sent - no reply ?? Vic I thought you online 24/7 ? u seem to moderate my posts 24/7
Bede, you are threading a fine line. Be warned.

Lonewolf
28-01-2005, 01:42 AM
from the specs, the CTR would wipe the floor with the VTIR. Lighter, more power, better suspension, an LSD (huge advantage), better ratio'd gearbox.
As for bringing the JDM issue into the thread, the CTR is JDM only, making it relevant i think.