PDA

View Full Version : DC2 upper ball joint

chubby steve
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
hey guys need 2 change my upper ball joint and was reading through the service manual and it says that u cnt remove them and that u have 2 discard the whole upper control arm. is this true or is there a way 2 just replace the ball joint

mocchi
02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
its true, gotta replace the whole arm.
you can only replace the boot.

xclusive_eg8
02-02-2011, 08:08 PM
why have you got to change them?? stock arm right?? mine where spinning thus couldnt tighten them up and ABS quoted me $250 a ball joint.. but that was untill I learnt my own trick that works very well

chubby steve
02-02-2011, 08:45 PM
why have you got to change them?? stock arm right?? mine where spinning thus couldnt tighten them up and ABS quoted me $250 a ball joint.. but that was untill I learnt my own trick that works very well

just doing a complete bushes/ball joint over haul. yeh still the stock arm. if u have 2 throw the whole thing out y do they sell the ball joints on their own?
mind sharing ur trick :)

xclusive_eg8
03-02-2011, 11:48 AM
So yours are spinning? The ball joints really don't need to be changed/maintained at all. But being greased up is important, it's not rotating or Doing anything major other than being a pivot as such for hub to rotate on and not fall off lol. But guess you could spray down inside of ball joint with degreser and repack it with grease, how's the boots on yours? Mine were a bit umm rough, but I'm still seeking out a seller of them other than rip of Honda Au

zropts
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Upper arm = camber arm... new camber kit will do.

chubby steve
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
both boots r torn on mine and r filled with dirt but if thats the case i think ill just buy a camber kit

xclusive_eg8
06-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Yea man check out eBay for the arms, way cheaper than local. But PM me if you need like a temp fix idea