PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers for GSI

act_gooner
04-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey everybody. Looking to lower my car pretty soon, just wonderring what is a good setup for an Integra Gsi. Car is daily driven and is often on the highway as I have to travel 1/2 an hour each day to uni. Have been looking at the Skunk2 Pro C's on the net and can pick them up for a pretty good price, but I have no experience at this so am looking for some advise. Have found the Pro C's on ebay for just over 1100 USD.

Thanks everybody.

dougie_504
04-02-2011, 05:14 PM
You want stiff? Pro C will be stiff.

Are you just interested in lowering or are you after performance too?

Lukey
04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
dont mean to hijack but im looking at getting some coilovers for my gsi aswell in the near future.

i want something that will go low and be stiff.

act_gooner
04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
More interested in lowering with performance in mind for later down the track. So I thought I might aswel do it once and do it right. I have hard it is stiff, but the standard ones on the car are fairly stiff. As long as my ride doesn't become uncomfortable.

act_gooner
04-02-2011, 05:18 PM
dont mean to hijack but im looking at getting some coilovers for my gsi aswell in the near future.

i want something that will go low and be stiff.

No hijack man, all discussion will help myself and others out. :)

mugen_ctr
04-02-2011, 05:19 PM
it will become uncomfy lol, as far as im aware, to get good comfort an performance, u should be looking at teins, but they can be quite $$$$

have you considered also matched springs an dampers? or u still wanting the function of ride height adjustable?

Super-DA9
04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
buddyclub n+ is what I bought, they are easy to adjust height, they can go fkn low as, (if thats what you want) and there's quite a good range of dampening levels. although I can pretty much guarantee (agreeing with mugen_ctr) that pretty much no matter what coilovers you buy they will not be exactly "comfortable" haha. but trust me once you get used to it, it's not bad at all really.

act_gooner
05-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm after the adjustable ride height, just more freedom to have the car the way I want it. How much are the Buddyclub n+ in comparison to the Skunk2 pro c's? I was also considering the pro S but heard they are rubbish.

Lukey
05-02-2011, 07:49 AM
ive heard people say bc racing coils are good?

integragsi96
05-02-2011, 07:57 AM
or if your on a tight budget you can do what ive done and get some skunk 2 coilover sleeves. stiff ride but handles much better

steeeven
05-02-2011, 09:29 AM
ive heard people say bc racing coils are good?

A friend of mine had bc racing coils 12k front 8k rear (unsure of specs) 15way damper adjustable and they were dangerously stiff in my opinion. The car actually bounced off the ground when he hit some bumps

edit: oh that was when it was on the stiffest setting

dougie_504
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
It's very hard to get 'stiff for track' with it remaining comfortable. Either lower it softly for daily driving or harden up and make it stiff too.

I say go stiff. You get used to it and it makes you smile everytime you take a corner quickly. I went for the 'stiffer than stock but comfortable' option and ended up hating being in the middle-zone, not comfortable enough for old people and not stiff enough to go crazy. So I got Bilsteins in the end. Stiff enough.

Plenty of options out there. All previously mentioned are good. Tein, Skunk2, Buddy Club, BC etc...

Super-DA9
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah BC Racing are good handling but even on their lowest dampening setting they are fkn STIFF. so it doesn't really sound like what you're after. :(

Prices on BuddyClub N+ are different depending on where you go. I bought mine a while back from JDMYard and it cost me $1700 from japan and posted. but I've seen them go much cheaper in some cases.

Just search them here on the forums and on ebay :)

act_gooner
05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
For the price of the Pro C's that I can get from ebay I'm thinking I might aswell go with them. If I was phased by comfort I probs wouldn;t have bought a teg in teh first place. :)

mnc
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I've had the Buddy Club n+ and the Cusco zero 2 Coilovers on my dc2r before.

From my personal experience I found the Cusco zero 2 much more comfortable and out handles the Buddy Club n+ easily in all aspects.

I Found the dampening system on the Buddy Club not as great as the Cusco's.

Both can go fairly low aswell, But the buddyclub goes a tiny bit lower. Not much though.

anzai
07-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I've had the Buddy Club n+ and the Cusco zero 2 Coilovers on my dc2r before.

From my personal experience I found the Cusco zero 2 much more comfortable and out handles the Buddy Club n+ easily in all aspects.

I Found the dampening system on the Buddy Club not as great as the Cusco's.

Both can go fairly low aswell, But the buddyclub goes a tiny bit lower. Not much though.

u sure man i reckon zero 2 is STIFF ASSS. i took a dc2r with zero 2 on softest setting and i reckon its way stiffer than my n+ i had on my ek.

maybe its because its been more than a month since ive driven my ek..

dougie_504
07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah my mate had the DC2R Zero 2's on his EF8 CRX and it was mega-stiff, even on the softest setting. I have no idea how he used them as a daily coilover. But now he uses Crux 20kg/18kg for the CRX...he's crazy...

If you want something comfortable I suggest trying to find set of Bilstein coilovers. I use Bilstein coils in both my Civic and CRX and I find them comfortable enough for daily driving but also up to the task of fun driving.

act_gooner
11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
What am I risking if the trader on e bay isn't listed as an authorized Skunk2 trader on their site? I couldn't find them anyway. I have bought other stuff from them which was legit and they got really good rep.