PDA

View Full Version : Short shifter?

mugen_ctr
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Ok iev done a few readings upon short shifters, upon my research as far as i know, a car can only shift as fast as the synchros will let, an thus, no matter how fast u shift, it wont let u shift that fast

But the purpose of a short shifter is to reduce shift throws an not the actual shifting times, correct?

SO my real question, are they really worth the money? yes im cheap being a student :P

Disregard ebay, im talkin about the real shortshifters, heard some bad stories of ebay ones, breakin off while driving lol

curtis265
04-02-2011, 06:06 PM
They will allow you to shift faster confidently, rather than shift faster and make ur arm feel like you're getting a workout

Your synchros should be able to take a prety fast shfit anyway

tigerwing
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
stay oem bro... some sites saids that short shifter damage ur tranny, no matter how expensive is....

respect!

e240
05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
... breakin off while driving lol...

There are some which are weighted which can improve the feel especially shifting at high rpm.

As for breaking, it really comes down to the material used - stay away from alumium ones for sure.

dougie_504
06-02-2011, 09:59 AM
I have an RS*R short shifter and I love it. Feels great to shift, good a firm, nice feedback.

Red_EG4
06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I have buddyclub short shifter single bend. The difference isn't worth what I spent on it.

vampzzz
06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
stay oem bro... some sites saids that short shifter damage ur tranny, no matter how expensive is....

respect!

thats not true, short shifters don't damage your tranny, the driver does.

Riced_Civic
06-02-2011, 05:22 PM
^^^^^ tru, just cos the drives thinks short shifter must mean faster they can slam it in faster with out damaging anything.

if u drive normally with a short shifter its fine. ive had mine for 5 years and been to a few track days with it and my gears are in perfect order.

mugen_ctr
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
cheers guys, i just dont really like the feeling of a long throw lol, im just tryna weigh up the options, if driven normally, do u find it much easier to get into gears? sometime when goin 4th into 5th, its sorta hard, kinda hard to explain

Riced_Civic
07-02-2011, 05:40 AM
yes there is less throw, going into gears to me is alot easier.

but if you having problems going into gear with a stock shifter its more of a bush or internal problem not the shifter it self

mugen_ctr
07-02-2011, 10:57 PM
ah kk, thanks man, never though it could be that lol, but yea, will replace the bushes soon, i guess for the money, its more so a want than a need item