PDA

View Full Version : Any other Concerto Fans out there?

Concerto_Man
04-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys, My wife and I bought our first Concerto over 5 years ago. It is Buckingham Blue 1991 auto and has all service records and a genuine 125,000ks. We love it. So much so that 18 months ago I was given the opportunity to buy another "fixer upper" Grey 1991 Concerto for $500. I quickly handed over the cash and have been using it as a daily driver ever since.
Neither car has let me down, they are easy to maintain, cheap to run and ultra reliable.

The origonal Blue one is my wife's car and will remain standard. The Grey one is my project car and I have plans for a manual conversion, new paint and maybe custom headlights. I have replaced all removable panels, mirror tinted the windows, fitted 15 x 6 Speedy Legend wheels and a single loud exhaust.

It looks pretty good apart from paint peel on the roof.

(I'll post some photos soon)

Drop me a reply if you have a Concerto or an interest in them. I'd like to hear from you,
Thanks, John.

~Sp33~
15-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I've always been a fan of the MA chassis. Definitely under loved.

grifty
16-02-2011, 08:23 AM
ive got one here myself aswell, 126000 genuine kms :)

SlobberGoat
16-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Puts hand up.
Yep, I'm a fan.
(Part of my daily routine is to eye off the clean gold one near my work when driving into work every morning)

dominator_
10-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah I'm actually trying to convert my one to manaul aswell and try and get a b18 engine swap let me know how your car goes

Concerto_Polson
01-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I've got a Concerto, was my Dad's then I got it off him as my first car, got a bit more k's then yours, heading up towards 400,000.

Anyone else here had a problem with the clear coat peeling off all over the car? My bonnet has none, roof none and very little on the flat of the boot.

UNLS1
02-12-2011, 07:51 AM
my mum had one for years, had the optional honda alloys and a few other factory options. it was manual and i leanrt how to drive in it and drove it for about a year whilst on my P's. Loved that car it was ultra reliable and coped a flogging from me and still kept going.
Will always have a soft spot for them!