PDA

View Full Version : AirCon Filter

MIRZ
23-01-2005, 07:39 PM
is there any filter to in airconditioning system to clean fresh air before it gets inside the car.

if thats the case, where can i locate this filter to clean it, thanks.

its an Accord 95 Exi.

bigteethygrin
23-01-2005, 07:55 PM
i know of a filter for the gas in the system.. dunno about the air itself..

civiceg9
23-01-2005, 11:19 PM
There is no air filter for the a/c. You can actually purchase one from Honda, but don't know what figure it is.

There is a condensor clearner which u can use such as Wynns
http://www.wynnsusa.com/amp/AC.asp

ECU-MAN
24-01-2005, 08:44 AM
yeah you can get this spray that you spray down the exterior vents. this stuff is ment to kill oders and bactirea that hang around in your vents

flipmods
24-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah you can get that spray but I don't think it works that well. the smell most probably is in the sort of radiator looking thing behind your glove compartment and to do a good job you should take it out ang get it cleaned with water and soap. Big job.

civiceg9
25-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I try a Jap spray thing before, works for me :D

viperx
25-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah you can get that spray but I don't think it works that well. the smell most probably is in the sort of radiator looking thing behind your glove compartment and to do a good job you should take it out ang get it cleaned with water and soap. Big job.
Your heater element. I've done it b4, in my opinion certainly a thing not worth taking out unless you've holed it.

MIRZ
25-01-2005, 10:17 PM
my aircon is working absolutly fine, i was just think if there is some airfilter in there, so i should better clean that up.

my brother has new Maxima, and his car has aircon filter in it.

EuroAccord13
25-01-2005, 10:31 PM
A Tip... During the hot days, just before you arrive at your destination, turn the air-con off but leave the fan running at full blast, this will help blow out the condensation in the system therefore reducing the risk of mould growing inside the aircon and the vents...

civiceg9
26-01-2005, 12:32 AM
A Tip... During the hot days, just before you arrive at your destination, turn the air-con off but leave the fan running at full blast, this will help blow out the condensation in the system therefore reducing the risk of mould growing inside the aircon and the vents...
Something I never do lol, in asia I just have the A/C on like 24hrs a day in the car. Is just so damn hot and humid overthere. Anyway changing a condenser is like $80AUD over there hehe :D