PDA

View Full Version : rear wheel grinding noise

AXS
07-02-2011, 02:27 AM
hi guys today my car started making a wierd ass noise from the rear it sounds like a grinding/ dieying duck its definetly coming from the rear passenger side and also if i might add car feels kind of unsteady not to sure if its me becouse of the noise of its a issue that came with the noise, any one know what the problem might be ???

[daan]
07-02-2011, 06:31 AM
When does the noise occur ? Need more info, Could be a number of things

- picked up a rock between the caliber and rotor
- brake disc could be warped, giving vibration and harsh ride under braking
- running low offset wheels could lead to premature wheel bearing failure and stress on the wheel studs which could lead to a more serious issue..

blastnpast
07-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Mine was doing a hissing noise from
The front wheels while driving at any speeds. I only noticed this after the install of my +25 axis og rims..

I'm not sure if I hear the hissing now but the hiss sounds like metal grinding such a complicated noise to describe lol

AXS
07-02-2011, 10:48 PM
im running stock rims soon as the car starts to be in motion the noise startes and also feels like the cars kiking out each time i take a sharp corner

greek_rambos2k
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
if its making a noise like metel rubbing on metal from the rear, could be with diff. like mine :P

AXS
09-02-2011, 01:21 AM
hhmm i hope its not the diff taking it tot he mechanic tomoroow lets see what they say