PDA

View Full Version : Spark plug holes filled with oil

xtnsevolution
07-02-2011, 12:08 PM
as the title says my spark plug holes are filled with oil. Im assuming this isnt great. Would a new rocker cover gasket kit fix this and would it be worth throwing in new plugs while im at it? Also my fuel pump is seaping. Are they rebuildable?

Christian

DLO01
07-02-2011, 12:44 PM
New rocker cover gasket kit will probably solve the oil issue. Just buy a new fuel pump. How old are the plugs? You can change them anytime.

xtnsevolution
07-02-2011, 03:09 PM
New rocker cover gasket kit will probably solve the oil issue. Just buy a new fuel pump. How old are the plugs? You can change them anytime.

plugs are 2 years old.

o-utah158
07-02-2011, 03:33 PM
change rocket cover gasket n the seals that cover the spark plugs holes, n since ur half way takin the plugs out, u might as well change them but depends how big ur buget is.

xtnsevolution
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Budget isnt really an issue. My Dizzy shit itself about a week ago so while i replace that i'll replace gasket and seals. On a scale of 1 - 10 how difficult is it?

Christian

xtnsevolution
07-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Can someone change my thread name to " Spark plug holes are filled with oil " ? I posted this on my phone and it didnt upload thread name?
thanks.

Christian

grifty
07-02-2011, 06:37 PM
its pretty damn easy mate, all u need to do is remove the 4 rocker cover bolts, throttle cable bracket and the pcv hose then off it comes. make sure you put some oil on the new seals and also apply some sealant to the have circle groves on the rocker cover gasket.

xtnsevolution
07-02-2011, 06:52 PM
its pretty damn easy mate, all u need to do is remove the 4 rocker cover bolts, throttle cable bracket and the pcv hose then off it comes. make sure you put some oil on the new seals and also apply some sealant to the have circle groves on the rocker cover gasket.
Thanks for your help mate. I'll give it a go this weekend.

DLO01
07-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Can someone change my thread name to " Spark plug holes are filled with oil " ? I posted this on my phone and it didnt upload thread name?
thanks.

Christian
Done!

dougie_504
07-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Budget isnt really an issue. My Dizzy shit itself about a week ago so while i replace that i'll replace gasket and seals. On a scale of 1 - 10 how difficult is it?

Christian

With the new spark plug seals just get new ones and avoid using sealants like 'gasket glue' to try to bandaid the problem, which is what somebody initially did for my car when I had this problem and was less-informed. Didn't cause any issues but it's best not to do it. I think they're like $10-20 each from Honda.

Tegzieboi_BAR
11-02-2011, 04:57 PM
^^^ What he said :)