PDA

View Full Version : Honda civicc eg vti is miss firing ? what could be the problem ?!?! **********

JDM-EGG
07-02-2011, 12:34 PM
hey guys i got a problem with my eg vti

car idles fine but when i drive it from 1st gear to second gear .. car seems to miss fire for abit like theres not enough fuel going in or something then stops for abit then may happen again at random times ?

i have irdium plugs too , could spark plug leads cause this ?

it started to happen when i put FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER into the car and now it wont go away? =/

any help is appreciated thanks guys.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Your IACV probably needs a clean out.

JDM-EGG
07-02-2011, 06:05 PM
i doubt the IACV will cause the car to missfire ? usually thats for idle problems

anyone else would know ?

dougie_504
07-02-2011, 08:09 PM
How much injector cleaner did you use? For a full 45L tank I just use half a bottle, not what they say on the back of the bottle, a few mechanics I know have suggested that's too much and is just the ratio they give you to help sell more of the product.

How old are the plugs?

Injector cleaner isn't a bad option for some regular maintenance but if your injectors are really dirty then you should remove them and take them to a shop to be cleaned and flow-tested.

I wonder is it possible that the injector cleaner dislodged some sediment that moved to a point where it restricts the flow of the injector, similar to a stroke in a person's brain?

TheSaint
07-02-2011, 08:20 PM
common problem with D series - had it heeps when we first bought our car

the absolute best solution is to use better quality fuel - the D hates 90ron fuel - run it on 95 or above

also run half a bottle of nulon or M10 injector cleaner through the fuel system to clean out the tank / rail etc

if the above fails take your injectors in to get a sonic clean and service - cost me a $120 at a repco service center (not the retail shop)
they gave them a sonic clean, replaced the heads cleaned the core and gave me new mounting rings to re-install them

JDM-EGG
07-02-2011, 11:41 PM
thanks fore the replys

but i used a full bottle of injector cleaner from supercheap forgot wat brand but it was decent... but i didnt pour a full tank ! LOL i just chuck the whole thing as on the bottle it says using alot of it will not harm ur car or something soi out the whole thing in..

ive been using 95 ron and also 98ron and still same thing happens ?

any other ideas guys ?

TheSaint
08-02-2011, 12:42 AM
where do u get ur fuel from? maybe try a different brand or servo? - to combat this problem i started getting caltex 95/98 straight from the deppo in the LIA

short of that - get ur injectors serviced?

JDM-EGG
08-02-2011, 01:39 AM
im using BP and always used it and its good :)

wats weird is that i put injector cleaner to clean me fuel and injectors but it just made it worst ? LOL cause before that my car was working fine...

tiksie
08-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Throwing any CEL's ?

Perhaps fuel filter ? Check your plugs to see they aren't fouled.

TheSaint
08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
it probably dislodged some crap in ur fuel system thats now plugged up the filter or injectors - replace the filter and get the injectors serviced
or just get a mechanic to look at it

JDM-EGG
08-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Will change the filter first and see how I go