PDA

View Full Version : Front spring Help

hmetro24
07-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi, I put kings super low on my Eg. but I think i am having a problem.
The wheel look like they get inside (wheel have Negative camber)?
IS that a normal height for Kings superlow ?
http://i52.tinypic.com/971dv5.jpg
Wheels are 14 Inches.
Any way to rise the height a bit with out changing the whole springs?
Thanks in advance

Oz_Striker
07-02-2011, 07:01 PM
First of all it is a normal thing when the car is lowered to the extent that the wheels tuck under the guards, that's not the definition for camber or caster though its just the wheels are sitting under the guards because the car is so low. It is only really a bad thing when this causes guard rubbing but because your only on 15's it should be fine, might struggle over a few speed humps though. I'm pretty sure Super low Kings are ment to drop the car 2.5 inches (for memory) so thats probly about right, looks better that way anyway lol

Did you measure the distance you wanted the car to be lowered, and match it with the springs that dropped to your desired height?

Did you install them yourself? Are you running with the stock shocks?

Also unless you special ordered a firm spring rating then King Sring are generally going to be a bit softer and sagier than some more performance orientated brands, and will probably drop a little bit more once they settle.

Just so you know:

Camber, Caster and Toe (http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html)

hmetro24
07-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I Installed them bymyself,
Running them with stock shocks.
Also back Springs are Superlow but they did not get lowered that much. Their is about 2 finger in the back height. but front are much lower.
It's too low for super low, its scratch everywhere even small parking bumps at slowest speed, It's driving me mad :|
Which could change the camber is it the upper Control arm?

that height before
http://i54.tinypic.com/24y8idw.jpg
Thanks

Oz_Striker
07-02-2011, 07:31 PM
you've probly put the rear springs (which are softer) in the front which will make the front lower than it should be. And the front springs (which are firmer to compensate for the weight of the engine) in the rear which is making it higher than it should be, although the rear doesn't look like it's too high. Is it like it on both sides of the car? if it's not then thats the likely problem i think, unles you recieved the wrong springs or possibly a lemon but it's unlikely

Have you got photo's of both sides of the car lowered??

hmetro24
07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Both sides are same height no different, First day i change the back spring and did not drop 1 mm in front.
day after changed the Front Springs and it's dropped more than enough
just something that forgot to add , The upper control arm bolts got damage in both side while was hitting to get it out, so the nut's did not reach to the End of the thread.
I also added a spacer in there. Could that be the Problem ??

Oz_Striker
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Putting the rear springs in shouldn't of changed the front ride height much anyway. Did you check that you were putting the right srpings in the right ends of the car? My Tein springs had product codes which showed me whether they were fronts or rears, i'm sure yours whould have aswell

What sort of damage? did you snap part of the bolt off or something? What sort of spacer are you using? now your just confusing me haha :P

probly gonna need to post some picks of the damage mate

you should probly get a mechanic to take a look at it to make sure you've installed them properly

hmetro24
07-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I am getting Upper control arm soon. So i will check If it's the arm. Or something Else
I put a spacer before Tighting the nut about 4 mm.But still lossy a bit.

Oz_Striker
07-02-2011, 08:31 PM
By "Lossy" do you mean it's still a bit "loose"? *faceplam* If it's loose tighten it up, if you cant tighten it enough so it's safe to drive don't drive it until it's fixed, will be dangerous if it comes loose. If you were just changing your springs i'm not sure why you put a spacer in there in the first place, if you take the spacer out you'll probly be able to tighten it all the way up. Regardless i still don't think this will fix the problem

My advice is take it to a mechanic asap mate if your not sure what your doing, then you'll know it's done right

hmetro24
07-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Anyway to fix the thread because it get damaged ??
Should i buy any tools(what is the tool name?)
http://i55.tinypic.com/6p24br.jpg

hmetro24
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Fixed after 2 hours with filing the bolts to get in run perfect now

hmetro24
20-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Car is so low from front with Kings superlow , anyway to make it a bit higher with out paying much. I heard their is spacer that make car a bit higher.Anyway to get something like that. do not want to buy another springs
When i fix negative camber will that change car height ?