PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise coming from my 1997 EK

Dc_II
08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
After 8 months of ownership... I've had my first strange (cant fix it your self) WTF?! problem...

So I started the car after work... warmed it up as usual... took off.
Now I have a CXi so I dont have a tacho and cant tell you how many rpm its doing it... but as it hit higher revs, i heard a squealing noise... the same noise you hear from a ford falcon (POS) when they start and the belts start squealing like a pig in a slaughter house.

This continued for a bit, so I started investigating with the revs, it happens at higher revs.
At first, I assumed it was the belts since I had them replaced last week... but I had taken it away to Jervis bay for the weekend... 2.5 hours each way and no dramas... strange

So when i got home, popped the bonnet and started giving it revs...
heres the scenario
1- When Im driving, it will squeal at mid to high range
2- When Im stationary, and rev it, it will make a squeal noise like a blow off valve... I know it sounds cool, but it doesnt feel right
3- When I change gears normally, it sounds like a BOV... vroom, change gears *squeak* and so forth

heres the video clip of it... pay attention to when I let go of the throttle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMAjKNASgY

all that was done with my aircon on... I have my air con on 99% of the time... always been fine
turned the air con off, and it kinda went away... but still... never happened before

Im going to narrow it down to
-Problem with the air con compressor?
-Something wrong with the belts?

Can anyone shed some light? Some people will put up with it and just drive, not giving a 5hit... I've seen many busted up hondas on the roads with careless owners as well as other cars... but Im pedantic about driving a car that is mechanically fine and would like it to be fixed.