PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] 04 Luxury seats to 07 luxury seats - Airbags

Simonnn
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey guys,

Just changed my 2004 luxury seats to those from a 2007 luxury model last night, re-connecting all 3 plugs to the new seats (I assume for electrics, heaters etc). However, I am getting a permanent 'check airbag' light on my dash! :(

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I assumed that it would be a straight swap, not sure if the car is rejecting the new seats somehow.

If anyone has had any experience with this, please shed some light! I am going to check that all the connections are secure tonight, but I thought I'd ask over here first as someone might have an answer.

Thanks!

d_evilz
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
you broke it simon. hahha

Simonnn
09-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah.. thinking that I might need to go to Honda to get the SRS system reset :(

I have found instructions on how to reset the SRS system though!

"My SRS light came on after i removed my gauge cluster and I have a friend who works at acura and he gave me instructions on how to reset it myself.
I can't believe they charge 30 bucks for this. Well here is the info for those who need it. I would scan the document but i don't have access to a scanner right now.

Notice that it says to use a SCS service connector, but a jumper wire should suffice. And the MES connector that needs to be jumped is a Yellow Plug that is under the dash cover. It just hangs when u remove the dash cover.

To erase the DTC(s) from the SRS unit, use a Honda PGM Tester (see the Honda PGM tester SRS vehicle system Supplement or the following procedure.

1. Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.

2. Connect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2P). Do not use a jumper wire.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)

4. The SRS indicator light comes on for about 6 seconds and goes off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds after the SRS indicator light went off.

5. The SRS indicator light comes on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds after the SRS indicator light comes on.

6. The SRS indicator light goes off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds.

7. The SRS indicator light indicates that the memory is erased by blinking two times.

8. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and wait for 10-seconds."