PDA

View Full Version : dc4/gsi vtec conversion

integraz
24-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Like the ls/vtec conversion, is it possible to do a vtec conversion on the gsi b18b dohc non vtec block,using a b16a head

if it is possible how much would the vtec conversion cost?

also has anyone done it before on the gsi, as i have heard it only being in the teg ls only, havent heard any gsi/vtec

fried
24-01-2005, 09:42 AM
ls/vtec - im assuming u got ur imformation of honda-tech.

ls=gsi
gsr=vtir

so yes ls/vtec = gsi/vtec

joneblaze
24-01-2005, 09:43 AM
What do you mean by "like the ls/vtec conversion"? An LS/VTEC conversion IS basically what you've described.

The GSi is known as an Integra LS in the US, where these conversions are popular.

As to the cost, might leave that for others to comment.

PS: The GSi's and LS's share basically the same engines...b18a and b18b.

integraz
24-01-2005, 10:01 AM
ohhh ok, i thought that the b18a and b18b were diff.
and i thought the Ls teg in US was the same as our Ls 90' model, just with a kinda diff engine

cool so it is possible...

integraz
24-01-2005, 10:04 AM
oh and is it worth doing the ls/vtec conversion or should i just buy a vti-r, because i have heard that ls/vtec you are able to get same power as ITR maybe even more and more torque.

IRI
24-01-2005, 11:03 AM
just buy a type r....

5poon
24-01-2005, 11:07 AM
You will save money and hassle by just selling up and buying a Vtir, but if you have that inseperable attachment to your DC4 (like myself) then i give you a BIG :thumbsup: on the conversion.
Would be v.interested in how it turns out ;)

joneblaze
24-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Save your money, troubles and hassle, and buy a good condition VTiR. They have unreal potential and are easier to milk power from.

If you are a hands on person and actually want to do an LS/VTEC conversion for experience and the fun of it, and are able to perform most of the labour yourself, then it is something to consider.

I suggest you research before you make a decision to go the LS/VTEC route. www.honda-tech.com and www.team-integra.net are great resources.

Apparently the LS/VTEC conversions go decently, but I've heard many stories of them blowing up after a year or so..... ?

integraz
25-01-2005, 07:43 AM
well after heaps of reasearch in ten different honda hybrid forums and websites i ahve decided not to go with it, sorry but yeah, all i heard about 60% was about realiability and just mainly problems...hmmz i might get a vti-r instead..or just stick to my dc5 [auto btw]