PDA

View Full Version : Honda CRV 2001

cath
09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone
I have just bought a honda crv sports the other week and I love it until I read about the problems,can other others please re assure me that i have done the right thing........from the log book the car has been serviced at the right times and the car is immaculate.
I am concerned about the comments people have made about the valves......how can I tell that the need re adjusting??? Can i just tell by driving it the other day it drove very rough and I tookm it back to hOnda in Newcastle and they said it was the spark plugs and then replaced them and now it drived great,but is this the start of the valve prob??
Also the air con prob....is this common with all crv's or just some as the compresser was just checked but again by honda .......so i am concerned........that they may have just said that.

Thanks for your advice in advance :)

Zilli
10-02-2011, 08:05 AM
howdy, and welcome...

the symptoms of a valve adjustment requrement include reduced performance, increased fuel consumption, and rattling type sound from the top end of your motor...

do your log books reflect valvetrain checks?

cath
10-02-2011, 07:34 PM
HI Zilli
Thankyou for you reply,
there is no area in the log book to state there has been valvetrain checks?? IT is running fine at the moment is it worth my while to still take it to a mechanic to have the valves checked? I am just concerned that I could damage the car's engine if i don't or do i wait for the symptoms first?
Sorry if they aeem like silly questions but i am paranoid about what I have read about the valves.................:)