PDA

View Full Version : Cops in NSW defecting

manrag
09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey, do any of you guys know if cops really care much about mods done on your p's in NSW? If you drive according to the law and everything, will they still pull you over to defect you? i know its a possibility but can they actually be bothered doing all that??

MrJohn
09-02-2011, 09:00 PM
LOL!! mods are mods, more likely to pull u over hence ur on p's. i got pulled over several times because i was on my p's. some are bothered and some just dont care. im guessing it just depends who/what/when. they could be in a shitty mood and do ur ass over or they can be nice and let u go. =s

r3ckless
10-02-2011, 05:39 AM
As long as your car isnt insanely loud or low.. Your not gonna get bothered.

blastnpast
10-02-2011, 06:21 AM
I have been pulled up plenty of time while in my ps in various cars and most of the time I get questioned about what are my parts (tow hook) after they ask they random breath test me
And I'm
On my way lol I guess it is all related to how you drive, look and act towards the policemen.

But if it's an RTA inspector and you happen to have the car under 100mm off the ground or any other detectable item your basically fked :( you can get a slap on the wrist and a warning but still gotta clear up the mess within 14 days lol

Hope this helped a little

bennjamin
10-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey, do any of you guys know if cops really care much about mods done on your p's in NSW? If you drive according to the law and everything, will they still pull you over to defect you? i know its a possibility but can they actually be bothered doing all that??

kidding me right ? P's are the MOST targeted cars. Why ? Because you lot drive like idiots - like you are heros , invincible....and chuck on whatever "mods" your friends have. Easy targets and easy money to the government really ! If only you (p platers) would just stick to the rules for a few years and come out a better driver and person ontop.

blastnpast
10-02-2011, 07:17 AM
kidding me right ? P's are the MOST targeted cars. Why ? Because you lot drive like idiots - like you are heros , invincible....and chuck on whatever "mods" your friends have. Easy targets and easy money to the government really ! If only you (p platers) would just stick to the rules for a few years and come out a better driver and person ontop.

Hey Uh I hate to say this to you because you are a moderator and all but bennjamin you were once a p plater to.. We all were and know / live the experience of driving on the road.

At times even the gold/black license drivers become hoons and think they are invinclible but in the end p platers do get targeting more ...

45SET
10-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey Uh I hate to say this to you because you are a moderator and all but bennjamin you were once a p plater to.. We all were and know / live the experience of driving on the road.

At times even the gold/black license drivers become hoons and think they are invinclible but in the end p platers do get targeting more ...

You don't think that maybe he is speaking from experience, from when he was also a p plater?

blastnpast
10-02-2011, 08:08 AM
You don't think that maybe he is speaking from experience, from when he was also a p plater?

Not sure looks like he said you p platers drive like idiots and like you are invincible lol.....

bennjamin
10-02-2011, 08:23 AM

Nailed it.
But who's to say I'm not a p plater ?! Because I'm an admin I'm instantly older and had my license for years ?

Point is ALL modifications are illegal unless engineered - I'll state some facts-
P platers ARE the worst drivers full stop.
P platers regardless of rules , still chuck on mods. Still drive like idiots.
It takes years of driving to get experience , and accept the fact that driving fast on public roads is STUPID and DANGEROUS.

To put this back on topic -

The reason police target p platers - is because p platers are such easy targets. Nieve , gullible. Gaurenteed to score some $$$ off a p plater !

flipfire
10-02-2011, 08:27 AM
kidding me right ? P's are the most targeted cars. Why ? Because you lot drive like idiots - like you are heros , invincible....and chuck on whatever "mods" your friends have. Easy targets and easy money to the government really ! If only you (p platers) would just stick to the rules for a few years and come out a better driver and person ontop.

qft +1

blastnpast
10-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Nailed it.
But who's to say I'm not a p plater ?! Because I'm an admin I'm instantly older and had my license for years ?

Point is ALL modifications are illegal unless engineered - I'll state some facts-
It takes years of driving to get experience , and accept the fact that driving fast on public roads is STUPID and DANGEROUS.

The reason police target p platers - is because p platers are such easy targets. Nieve , gullible. Gaurenteed to score some $$$ off a p plater !

Alright sounds good let's get this topic on the road again :D

MRK20CRX
10-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Not sure how the Police are in Sydney, in Melbourne it's probably the same, I'm a P plater(idiot/worst driver/inexperienced) but I get off my P's in April, does that still make me hoon? Anyway, my car is quite low but still legal, it's also quite loud, but I've never been pulled over to receive a defect, if your car stands out, i.e neons, hid's, all that fast and furious stuff, be prepared to get picked on. I guess it all depends on those that want to show off their rides

honda_zivic
10-02-2011, 12:52 PM
hondas r a target for cops. even stock and u drive normal they still pull u over. coz they know that every **** does engine conversions.
if u have girls in da car with u, then u prb get let off easier. if u are by urself or u have a cockfest in ur honda like most ****s do. GL, cops will rape u all out.

Mugen_R
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM
wait for a lady man cop, you will get pumped either way, doesnt matter if ur a girl or not in the car

RtN
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
As long as your car isnt insanely loud or low.. Your not gonna get bothered.

THIS imo.. I haven't been pulled over much in my Ps. But when RBT comes... they do ask questions and check. Drove past like RBT station and they let me through lol.

And I disagree with the P plate drivers are the worst... but I do see some hoons around especially on Red Ps, not so much on green Ps.

Nismo3oi
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Just depends how you drive and if your car is too showy. I've driven all types of cars on my Ps and dont get pulled over or get waved into RBT Stations. Sometimes I wish i would get pulled over LOL

enbayz
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Nailed it.

enough said!

45SET
10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Nailed it.
But who's to say I'm not a p plater ?! Because I'm an admin I'm instantly older and had my license for years?

I was going more with the join date of 2003.

Bludger
11-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I was on a 4 way intersection.
(cnr Williams rd & Whitehorse rd Blackburn North.) I miss Melbourne so much.
First up at the lights on Williams Rd southbound.
Police vehicle first up at the lights eastbound.
The officers saw me reaching for my seatbelt, anyway they make a left turn, then a U turn, then directly behind me.
Its obvious, as soon as we get to the other side of the road I pull over before they even turn their sirens on.
Standard thing, breath test, then "Did you have your seatbelt on?"
My reply was "I was reaching for it just when you guys saw me."
The officer then proceeded to ask me how long I had my seat belt off and I replied that I had it off since Blackburn square. (thats a good kilometre or so btw.)
"you know not wearing a seatbelt is a $2xx & 3 demerit points but because you've been honest then I'll let you off just occasion.

Usual license check etc, etc.

Point is, no matter what, we are all human, we all make mistakes. If we are polite courteous & honest towards each other, it just makes life easier. (I know I should take my own advice sometimes.)

You get good days and you get bad days. If you get pulled over for whatever reason the outcome will always be for the better if not best when you're honest, polite & courteous.

Crapdaz
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Nailed it.

SPOT ON!

Just alone last yr there would always be P platers every single week heading to work/home NEVER SHOULDER CHECK BEFORE CHANGING LANES

I was on a 4 way intersection.
(cnr Williams rd & Whitehorse rd Blackburn North.) I miss Melbourne so much.
First up at the lights on Williams Rd southbound.
Police vehicle first up at the lights eastbound.
The officers saw me reaching for my seatbelt, anyway they make a left turn, then a U turn, then directly behind me.
Its obvious, as soon as we get to the other side of the road I pull over before they even turn their sirens on.
Standard thing, breath test, then "Did you have your seatbelt on?"
My reply was "I was reaching for it just when you guys saw me."
The officer then proceeded to ask me how long I had my seat belt off and I replied that I had it off since Blackburn square. (thats a good kilometre or so btw.)
"you know not wearing a seatbelt is a $2xx & 3 demerit points but because you've been honest then I'll let you off just occasion.

Usual license check etc, etc.

Point is, no matter what, we are all human, we all make mistakes. If we are polite courteous & honest towards each other, it just makes life easier. (I know I should take my own advice sometimes.)

You get good days and you get bad days. If you get pulled over for whatever reason the outcome will always be for the better if not best when you're honest, polite & courteous.

how did you manage not to have your seatbelt on?
i know human error is one thing but doesn't it come natural just to click your seatbelt in before driving?

integragsi96
11-02-2011, 11:57 AM
i find just find being nice and such that your more than likely be let off...ive been pulled over 3 times...let me go everytime...and thats when i was living in Newcastle and the cops hve nothig better to do down there then to defect and to give ou fines

Bludger
11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
how did you manage not to have your seatbelt on?
i know human error is one thing but doesn't it come natural just to click your seatbelt in before driving?
I'm in the process of replacing bad habits with good habits.

hence the no smoking sign.

bennjamin
11-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm in the process of replacing bad habits with good habits.

hence the no smoking sign.

best of luck to ya mate. Atleast you have the maturity to admit there is a problem/s and you choose to change. Most people out there keep on with their bad habits whatever they are !

MikeyG
11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
cops defecting in NSW is a myth... no such thing.... cops serve the community and they catch real crims... not defecting cars they got better things to do then to setup a rbt station on parra road and pick up done up cars....

integragsi96
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Lol!!

GSi_PSi
11-02-2011, 01:43 PM
fresh new red p platers are the worst. They drive asif they are formula one drivers, racing around in there excels, commonwhores etc god help if they get a decent car like
dc2r or so, automatically will think they are the quickest on the road

jaces13
11-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello, yes I know what you guys mean.

I absolutely hate it when guys wanna race me since I'm a P plater!

At Blacktown I was driving normally having my gf next to me (like always hehe) and suddenly, a dc2 just comes and starts reving and taunting me.

Obviously id ignored him, but he just kept gunning it and showing off whilst i was driving .. normally?

I don't get it sometimes, what really goes in their mind. If I had showed off (which isn't my thing, im actually pretty shy about my car .. dont know why..) then obviously he had the right to continue.

But really, alot of Honda drivers around the Western Sydney area are real idiots.

Sometimes i'd even given them a nod of appriciation as i drive by, but I just get snobbed.

meh, sometimes it tells me if i should continue driving a different coloured Honda or not.

THEEYA
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Sometimes i'd even given them a nod of appriciation as i drive by, but I just get snobbed.

lolssss

AE092
11-02-2011, 03:40 PM
hondas r a target for cops. even stock and u drive normal they still pull u over. coz they know that every **** does engine conversions.
if u have girls in da car with u, then u prb get let off easier. if u are by urself or u have a cockfest in ur honda like most ****s do. GL, cops will rape u all out.

lol at the most uneducated reply, ever heard of vocabulary or punctuation? Damn, son! "coz they know that every **** does engine conversions." LOL

honda_zivic
11-02-2011, 04:11 PM
lol urself. another ozhon hero spell check.