PDA

View Full Version : EG B-Swaps and using D-series components

munkaii
14-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi all,

Undertaking a B18CR swap for a mate in his EG soon and need a few answers regarding the use of D-series components.

The car the engine came from has no power steering or AC and the new car (EG Shell) wants to have these features. So the question is:

With A/C, can I use D-series compressor (and whether it should be D15 or D16 compressor) and will I need a bracket for it, or should I just buy a B-series compressor. Secondly, are B16 and B18 compressors the same? Providing that, I should be able to just put it straight onto an EG that previously had AC?

With P/S, again the same as above, D15 or D16 P/S Pump, and or B16 or B18 pump? Also is there a need for mounting brackets etc.

Assuming the EG Gli had the D-series motor with AC and PS previously installed, are there any other bits I need or is it fairly simple?

Cheers all
Kev

dorikin
14-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Aircon: Keep the complete D-series AC setup on the car right now, DO NOT disconnect any lines. You will need either a P7J CRV AC bracket or a P54 Del sol bracket to mount it on a B-series block.

Power Steering: You need a B-series PS pump... and may also need the brackets depending on whether they're still on the engine...

munkaii
14-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Aircon needs new condensor + receiver dryer so lines wont matter too much, but thought I needed a bracket. Are they easy to source or am I better off just finding a B-series compressor? (Are B16 and B18 same?)

Cheers for B-series PS Pump info.

dorikin
14-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Easiest method is the one I suggested above. Lines will matter because if you start trying to bolt a B-series compressor to D-series lines, they won't match up.. different angles
The P7J bracket isnt that hard to find, lots of B20s around

If you go with a B-series compressor you will need a B-series bracket (if the B18cr doesnt have one) and new lines. From what I've read all B-series compressors are the same, but dont quote me on that, always best to compare or measure the mounting holes to make sure it will fit.

munkaii
15-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Any AC compressor from the first gen CRV would work then? Knowing wreckers they won't know part numbers so I assume it is the same bracket? Or must it be from auto/manual?

dorikin
15-02-2011, 09:28 AM
The point of getting the CRV bracket is so you can use your existing D-series compressor.

munkaii
15-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry I meant compressor bracket. Do auto and manual share same bracket?

dorikin
17-02-2011, 01:06 PM
There is no difference in the AC bracket between an Auto or Manual CRV. If you go and pick one up just make sure it's stamped "P7J". If you wanna be extra sure, take measurements of the mounting holes on the B18 block and again measurements of the D16 compressor and compare.

munkaii
17-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Would compressor belt be D or B-series belt?

dangerjbl
18-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Hey did you do the swap into the EG? What did you end up using the P54 or P7J AC bracket?
Im needing to do the same to keep my AC, i know the P54 works but not sure about the P7J in the EG chassis on a B18C

Glocker
18-05-2011, 02:28 AM
I wanna know this too.

munkaii
18-05-2011, 09:53 AM
P7J Bracket guys.