PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problem?

notJDM
14-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I dunno if my battery is flat or I have no petrol?

But my car won't start. Sometimes after many tries of starting, it starts then when I rev it the RPM goes back down and turns off. Or sometimes it starts after many tries of trying then the RPM just slowly goes down until it turns off.

What could be the problem here?

integragsi96
14-02-2011, 10:25 AM
well if battery was flat it wouldnt start at all
probs your outta fuel mate....put some fuel in your jerry can and fill it up...and let us know how you go

notJDM
14-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Well let me explain in more detail. This morning I went to start up the car and it wouldn't start after many cranks it would struggle to turn on properly the rpm would be at 500 rpm. Other time it wont start at all. Other times it would start normally so I got excited then later the rpm would drop down then car would shut up even if I gave it a little rev from the pedal the car wouldn't rev it would just drop rpm and shut off. Then I opened up the bonnet to check the spark plugs one of them had some oil in it which was wierd which got me thinking how did oil end up in there but don't know if that is relevant.

My main concern is the battery or petrol since it was empty but I'm thinking it should have abit still in the tank? Though the last time I filled up was using E10 petrol.

If anyone knows what wrong please help, thanks!

integragsi96
14-02-2011, 11:21 AM
e10 is not good for your engine....having said that e10 would not cause oil to be up in your spark plugs...
would anyone else would like to have a dig at this?

notJDM
14-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeh I dunno why one of the spark plug has oil in it. Maybe was in there for a long time already who knows. Though I was driving around on the petrol Livy for quite some time. But this morning I tried to start my car I encountered those weird problems. Dunno what the problem can be. Hopefully someone can help me solve this!

Only thing I can think of is the battery is low and need more power or could be I have no petrol which I never encountered this problem before so I wouldn't know how a car would react when it has no petrol

Doe.Man
14-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey notJDM, when you start the car doe the revs jump around like really crazy? I had a similar problem with my Mazda 6 a week ago and it was because the battery didn't charge or something, try jump starting the car and then leave it running for a while (10-15 minutes), turn the car off then try to turn it on again. If it starts up like normal after then it was because the battery didn't charge properly the last time you used the car. :D

Hope this helps, Doe.Man

NSPYRE
14-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Since the EG5 is an old-ish car, E10 shouldn't be used. My guess is your fuel filter is clogged/filled with water or fuel lines have deteriorated from using the E10. Try replacing your fuel filter and see how you go.

notJDM
14-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey notJDM, when you start the car doe the revs jump around like really crazy? I had a similar problem with my Mazda 6 a week ago and it was because the battery didn't charge or something, try jump starting the car and then leave it running for a while (10-15 minutes), turn the car off then try to turn it on again. If it starts up like normal after then it was because the battery didn't charge properly the last time you used the car. :D

Hope this helps, Doe.Man

Well when I try to start the car sometimes it won't start but sometimes it starts at a really low rpm and it struggles to start up fully then it turns off and a few times I got it to start up fully but then the car slowly turns off

integragsi96
14-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Since the EG5 is an old-ish car, E10 shouldn't be used. My guess is your fuel filter is clogged/filled with water or fuel lines have deteriorated from using the E10. Try replacing your fuel filter and see how you go.

agreed!
i used e10 once before in my dc4 and my car ran like $#*!. loss of power, missing, and didnt sound right.....i run 98 as much as i can an it runs smoothly. the least i run is 95.

notJDM
16-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks guys turns out to be I ran out of petrol. Though I would like to know one thing, how many km's do you get when the petrol light goes on?

denrie
17-02-2011, 05:49 PM
the reason why u have oil when u take of the leads is because u need to change the 0 ring inside its cheap take of rocker cover then change the gasket/ o ring where the sparkplug is suppose to be inserted there is 4 of them.. i suggest use proper fuelfor me as a personal thing i use 98 regardless what car and also chane fuel filter.... one thing i gotta ask... when u turn ur ignition on .. the second click when u turn the key make sure there is no noise around.... let me know if u can hear it priming like u can hear something bussling for a couple second if it doesnt.. its ur fuel pump..