PDA

View Full Version : Ksport, JIC, Tanabe

5thgen_prel
14-02-2011, 03:11 PM
hey guys...im lookn to buy a set of coilover for my DC2R.
Im lookn for somethin under $2000. Was thinking of

Ksport Pro
JIC
Tanabe Pro Sustec

If anyone can give me some info on which one to go for and why then that would be good

Thanks

quangsuke
14-02-2011, 03:43 PM
pretty big budget u got, heaps of coilovers to choose from.

alot of people rate bc coilovers and cusco zero's

i run gab coilovers atm and they are perfect =D

5thgen_prel
14-02-2011, 03:54 PM
i hvnt heard much of bc coilover...how do they compare to the cusco zero 2e and the tanabe pro sustec 5

tiah313
14-02-2011, 04:00 PM
wt about zeal funtion

dougie_504
14-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Tanabe FTW man.

quangsuke
14-02-2011, 04:57 PM
well bc coilovers are great especially if u are on a budget (much lower then yours) but a fair few guys i know are running them.
heaps of coilovers out there to suit your application.

go the hardcore coilovers if you are going to track or otherwise get ones that a comfy but keep your ride firm =D

5thgen_prel
14-02-2011, 05:15 PM
i got a quote for the zeal and it cost over 3k lol...i wont b trackin the car much..mayb once or twice a year..would mainly b a daily...wats everyone's thought on the
BC BR and the tanabe pro sustec five...

nugget
14-02-2011, 11:28 PM
i got a quote for the zeal and it cost over 3k lol...i wont b trackin the car much..mayb once or twice a year..would mainly b a daily...wats everyone's thought on the
BC BR and the tanabe pro sustec five...

i have a set of BC Racing BR coilovers in my civic and they are just great. it is expected that the drive will stiffen as the spring rates are alot higher than stock. 8 front and 6 rear from memory. At only $1300, they are a bargain. i think HSD and G4 are similar prices.

bc racing has 36 adjustable points for the dampers. i have put them on maximum and found them to be quite stiff. have yet to try the softest. i have though tried medium and it was only slightly softer than the hard setting.

have you considered buddyclub? they are a very good coilover. been in one in a civic and you can drammatically feel the difference in damper settings from 1 to 16.

any particular reason for coilovers? lowered look?

i have never been in a DC2R before but people say they have one of the best suspesion out... might not need to change at all...lOlz...

Mr.Brightside
15-02-2011, 01:26 AM
i have a set of zeal function's for sale pm me if interested.

5thgen_prel
15-02-2011, 12:28 PM
i have 5zigen coilover on them..its been years now nd they are dead lol thought i just change them