PDA

View Full Version : Few electrical problems in my eg hatch

crobaa
15-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi everybody,

All of a sudden my eg civic hatch dash lights, central locking, beeping sound when lights left on and apexi rsm have all stopped working. One fuse was blown and when replaced it fixed the beeping sound and dash lights but not the other two and has since blown again. I'm thinking it may be a bad grounding point, can somebody tell me where the ground for these items may be (mainly central locking). The car is a breeze model with b18c7. Hopefully this is in the right section, thanks

dorikin
15-02-2011, 04:36 PM
If the fuse keeps blowing you have a short somewhere. If its an aftermarket central locking system (read: alarm) then you'll need to trace the wires to find where the ground is..

Boban
16-02-2011, 06:50 PM
if it is an aftermarket central locking (brezees didn't come with one from factory) they'll usually ground it somewhere underneath your dash cluster behind the panel where your knees go, find the black control box and trace it from there, grounds are usually black (unless it's a decent system which has all black wires :))

Also if you keep blowing fuses, it's more likely you've got a +ve wire earthing out somewhere when it comes on and blowing the fuse. check all the electrical tape and make sure none of it has come off and exposed the wires

ECU-MAN
16-02-2011, 10:19 PM
disconnect the RSM and see if it still blows fuses