PDA

View Full Version : Just bought another accord euro

cheapdouchebag
15-02-2011, 10:17 PM
sadly, i owned an accord euro luxury model 03 and that had 85xxxkms before it was a write off (not due to hooning, due to a freakout animal caused flip at 1am in the morning). bought this for 16k from a dealership

now insurance paid me out, and ive managed to buy another accord euro however its an 04 model and non-luxury
i bought this car from a dealership for 11k and has 145xxxkms on the clock. Ive inspected it and driven it myself and seems everything drives fine, eve nthe clutch feels nicer than my previous euro as my old-luxmodel had a creaking clutch.

Now i know this euro wont be as healthy as the 03 model that became a write-off, but is there any main faults or problems that would arise while i own the newer 04 model? any common problems i should look outfor besides another creaking clutch? i dont have as much of a piece of mind with that car than i did with the write-off.

thanks in advance.

Fredoops
15-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Door actuators will sh** itself.
Steering hose will leak ($400 + replacement new part btw)... which if left like that will cause steering pump to fail.

apart from that, just give ECU a reset. You should be okay.

aaronng
16-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Should be similar to your 03, except for the higher mileage.

cheapdouchebag
17-02-2011, 01:03 AM
ok ive found a problem
under some moderate to heavy acceleration, at higher kms at about starting from 70km/h, the car shudders.
this is seen when i begin to get a little heavy on the right foot on the accelerator from gear 3 and onwards,
does anyone know how to resolve this issue? might it be torque converter fault?
i is realy uncomfortable and makes the ride seem like its going to blow. as if the cars struggling no CEL pops up or anything.

Fredoops
17-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Looks likesome one had been skimping out on transmission oil change.... Change the transmission fluid, note the quality of the flushed fluid... If it's really bad mix some Lucas additive into the new transmission oil...

Then pray the tranny does sh** itself

and also starting to look at wreckers for tranny replacement...

cheapdouchebag
17-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Looks likesome one had been skimping out on transmission oil change.... Change the transmission fluid, note the quality of the flushed fluid... If it's really bad mix some Lucas additive into the new transmission oil...

Then pray the tranny does sh** itself

and also starting to look at wreckers for tranny replacement...

it doesnt seem like the tranny will shit itself, it feels fine, and getting in gear is very easy.
also, previous logbooks shows that the transmission fluid has been changed at 110xxxkms, now it is sitting on 140xxxkms.

ive spoken to some friends, they are thinking it may be the wheels, im going to get the car inspected by bobjane or something see if the wheels are fine, then ill take it from there.

i hope the tranny issent that bad..

white_ep3_civic
17-02-2011, 06:42 AM
There was a thread started on here by braxta that found that his driveshafts were to blame for this. Got both replaced with the older shape accord drive shafts and that fixed the problem.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?132350-FINALLY-THE-ANSWER-TO-THE-SHAKING-EUROS-(Well-my-one-anyways-P)

tony1234
17-02-2011, 08:59 AM
There was a thread started on here by braxta that found that his driveshafts were to blame for this. Got both replaced with the older shape accord drive shafts and that fixed the problem.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?132350-FINALLY-THE-ANSWER-TO-THE-SHAKING-EUROS-(Well-my-one-anyways-P)

^^^As above.I'd look at the driveshafts too.

cheapdouchebag
17-02-2011, 04:31 PM
thanks alot guys, i went to the mechanics well actually a tyre and auto place and they checked wheels and whatnot, the engine mounts etc.
and they come to conclusion that it was a drive shaft, the left hand driveshaft.
are they common faults in euros? didnt get the tyre and auto place to do the job thoe. told them i just picked up the car and told me to take it to the used car dealer.

used car dealer was spoken to and agreed to fix under its 3 month warranty, think i am going to give my car to them tomorrow. They told me maybe tomorrow afternoon or monday it will be done. can the new driveshaft be sourced and put in by mechanics in one afternoon?

bit skeptical on letting the dealership grab their hands on it.
n how much is it to replace them anyway?

help so far has been a big help.

white_ep3_civic
17-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I've heard of a few cases through that thread. From what I've been told its expensive. If they are going to do it under warrenty let them do it.

antony
17-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Good luck with this eURO,I hope that you enjoy it as much as your first one...

cheapdouchebag
19-02-2011, 12:29 AM
I've heard of a few cases through that thread. From what I've been told its expensive. If they are going to do it under warrenty let them do it.

i am taking my euro to crs automotive on wednesday.
i had a chat to him before in the morning, his a very hard guy to talk to but he does sound like he knows his hondas. when i told him i suspect the driveshaft, he said it wouldnt be and he would have to have a look at it .
heard stories about the man being a worker for honda for 20 years.
I went to another mechanic in the morning as well, he said it was the front wheels need a wheel balance, so i got a tyre place to do it. and still no luck. waste of $25.

argh, this euro is pissin me off.

tknova
20-02-2011, 03:22 AM
It's the drift shafts. The inner CV's wears out. To confirm, Your mechanic will need to remove both drive shafts and inspect the inner cv's and check inside of any wear marks/divets inside the cv housing. It's a very common thing on the euro and only needs some minor wear to cause vibration under load. Replacement drive shafts are not too expensive. I'd just replace both of them. They cost around $280 a pair for better quality after market ones. To fit should be around $40 - $60 per side.

cheapdouchebag
21-02-2011, 12:32 AM
update - ive decided to not let the dealership fix under warranty. why? i know it sounds stupid but ill give you my reasons.

firstly, i bought the car from a used car dealership called grand prix motors . www.grandprixmotors.com.au
they are one of the few used car dealerships that sell actually nice cars, by that i mean they sell cars which normally brand new go for 30K and way above. however, the guy i spoke to alexi, sure he may agree to what i ask him to do, he is a bit of a dick. as soon as i told him car had a problem he was like whaaaaat....... and tried to sell me used car insurance for 3k a year straight away. im also worried that this somewhat shonky dealer will stuff something else up that wont be recognized untill warranty has expired.

secondly, i am under the impression that these guys send the cars to mechanics for rwc, and warranty repairs to a 'general mechanic workshop'. if ive taken my car to many mechanics to inspect and they claim its a 'wheel balancing fault' even after ive balanced my front tyres, im sure these guys wont be able to find the issue either. i rather spend money out of my own pocket to get a piece of mind that my car has been worked on with A+ quality worksmanship. if that makes sense. i hope im not being obnoxious here.

n lastly, i want to make a good relationship with a workshop that will make my chances of recieving the best prices n service in the future. ive got a problem that needs to be adressed, so ill start now i suppose.

i hope that makes sense,

At the moment the situation is:
- on wednesday im booked for crs honda for carl to inspect
- on 4th march astoria honda service center will do a full service for the car. change my car's oils n inspect everywhere. i will put a word in also to make them also check the window acutators n door acutators as well. at the moment door acutators sound solid when i press the buttons on my key, and i dont want no window tint being scratched haha

thanks for all your help guys
will keep you posted!

antony
21-02-2011, 10:01 AM
tHE TEAM AT aSTORIA hONDA ARE VERY GOOD,Rachael has looked after me,and has been extremely helpful in gettiing my NEW Euro 100 percent.

tron07
23-02-2011, 07:49 AM
+1

I wouldnt really bother about the 2nd hand car dealer's warranty as these are consider wear and tear stuffs, its a 7-8 year old car anyway. I would forget about the dealers and bring em to my trusted mechanic.

enjoy your euro

cheapdouchebag
23-02-2011, 12:00 PM
back from crs automotive. spoke to carl and he inspected the car
told me i belived my car to have an accident history to be false, this car's chasis n whatnot were all still genuine honda and still had honda's own seals as well.
now. seems like a nice guy
he also told me it was the driveshaft. especially the Right hand one.
now his told me that to get brand new driveshafts from honda and fitted by him, $1025 each side.
am i being had?!?! why am i reading driveshafts go for alot cheaper. id be forking out $2050 for the pair O_O

white_ep3_civic
23-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Thts a massive rip. I've heard people on here getting them changed for around $250ish per side.

tony1234
23-02-2011, 05:41 PM
back from crs automotive. spoke to carl and he inspected the car
told me i belived my car to have an accident history to be false, this car's chasis n whatnot were all still genuine honda and still had honda's own seals as well.
now. seems like a nice guy
he also told me it was the driveshaft. especially the Right hand one.
now his told me that to get brand new driveshafts from honda and fitted by him, $1025 each side.
am i being had?!?! why am i reading driveshafts go for alot cheaper. id be forking out $2050 for the pair O_O

He's obviously buying the shafts from Honda spares at that price!!

cheapdouchebag
08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
tHE TEAM AT aSTORIA hONDA ARE VERY GOOD,Rachael has looked after me,and has been extremely helpful in gettiing my NEW Euro 100 percent.

can vouch for this. rachel cunningham served me. i told her 'whatever you find faulty in my car, replace it'
i bought my euro on 150xxx kms and i told her to let the team replace my tranny fluid as well. an hour later she gives me a courtesy call and says the fluids only been changed at 130xxx kms and i wouldnt need it. but i told her do it anyway.
pretty happy with their service.

UPDATE - after the service, driveshafts are the issue with the euro at the moment. astoria has also confirmed it. are replacing both sides for 600 including labour for brand new driveshafts. about 100 bucks at bit more than what others pay, but im just going to let them do it giving me 2 year warranty on the repair as well.

so in conclusion - CRS automotive - absolute rip off. as if try charge me 2 grand for replacement honda driveshafts. bloody carl. not happy

sameol3
10-03-2011, 10:51 PM
This appears i too have this problem then... i initially thought it was my rotors so i changed them to aftermarket ones... but on hard braking and especially going on steep downhills the braking shutters alot... Anyone know a good place in sydney that can i can get mine done?... u do wonder how long they will last after replacement... perhaps aftermarket ones would be better?..

pilotb777_300
15-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Sorry had to jump in on this..... I bought my old S2000 at astoria honda and had it serviced with them the whole time I had ownership of the car... I can't Speak highly enough of them. Great bunch of people and they know what they are talking about. I will always go back there for servicing.

antony
15-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry had to jump in on this..... I bought my old S2000 at astoria honda and had it serviced with them the whole time I had ownership of the car... I can't Speak highly enough of them. Great bunch of people and they know what they are talking about. I will always go back there for servicing.

Did you ever use their body shop ???

I am getting my Euros rear bumper respeayed there...beleive their work is superb...HOPE SO...

pilotb777_300
16-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Did you ever use their body shop ???

I am getting my Euros rear bumper respeayed there...beleive their work is superb...HOPE SO...

I have used their body shop. I had someone reverse into my S2000 front bumper bar with a towe bar one day and left a nice big dent in it. Seeing as my insurance company gave me a choice of repairer I went straight to astoria honda body shop. I had a new front bar put on there. Let me tell u, the way the car came back was amazing ! the paint on the new bar matched the rest of the car better than the original bar ! the guys there are great and from what I can see never take short cuts. I highly recommend the astoria honda body shop. The only down side to this is the $$$. From memory, a new front bar painted and fitted cost my insurance company 2900 bucks. Not exactly cheap but well worth the money !

antony
16-03-2011, 08:37 PM
I have used their body shop. I had someone reverse into my S2000 front bumper bar with a towe bar one day and left a nice big dent in it. Seeing as my insurance company gave me a choice of repairer I went straight to astoria honda body shop. I had a new front bar put on there. Let me tell u, the way the car came back was amazing ! the paint on the new bar matched the rest of the car better than the original bar ! the guys there are great and from what I can see never take short cuts. I highly recommend the astoria honda body shop. The only down side to this is the $$$. From memory, a new front bar painted and fitted cost my insurance company 2900 bucks. Not exactly cheap but well worth the money !

Thank you so much,I feel better now,I will let you know how it goes once it has been done.

cheapdouchebag
23-03-2011, 05:29 PM
update

attended the booking at 8am with astoria for the replacement driveshafts
left the car there.
4pm - astoria calls (rachel) and says 'sorry the driveshafts we obtained does not fit your car i think the guys saidsomething they were foran automatic or something like that, so we going to put the old driveshafts back in'

BIGGEST SIGH MOMENT OF MY LIFE! had enough of this SHAKEY ASS EURO!

so when i got there they said they will order itfrom interstate and then give us a call when its here and confirmed they will fit my car
>_> i dont know if their gunna get back to me or not.

the biggest downside of today was they said they washed my car. they didnt do a very goodjob.
and ive got afew scratches on my front bumper now. fantastic.
furthermore, now my drivers side door window when fully down, winding the window up gives a nice big screech now.
WTF
didnt get the chance to complain to them.

pilotb777_300
24-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Thats odd.... who did you speak to down there ? I have never had a problem with them ordering incorrect parts. Infact they changed the whole clutch on my S2000 in under 2 days. Gave it back to me feeling like a new car. did u have a chat with stuart ? cant remember his last name but he was very helpfull

antony
24-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Stuart is very plesant to deal with.