PDA

View Full Version : Advise : SPADA VTR250 Port and Polish!

night_wolf
16-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Yo ppl :wave:

im considering doing a port and polish on me little :honda:250VTR spada to increase the HP.
also thinking of increasing the port? is it worth it on the long run? engine life span wise. and would you reckon id be seeing more HP gains compared to a normal port and polish. breather mods have been done (increased air intake also with a increased exhaust piping and can)

thanking you in advance for the tech information. :D

seihoa
16-02-2011, 05:08 PM
i dont think its worth it unless ur gona do it urself?

Rather just save the money on a bigger bike later.

If ur bored just do a full service on the bike... pads, fluids and sparks.

vbroom
17-02-2011, 10:02 AM
you'll see minimal gains for the amount of money you put into doing it.

have you tried fiddling with your carbs?

if you've already done air filter and exhaust, getting bigger jets for your carbs would be the next logical step in getting more HP.

most people will advise you to save your money because honestly, you could turbo your spada and stick it on nos and it will still feel ridiculously slow when you hop onto your first big bike :)

night_wolf
18-02-2011, 12:17 AM
iv got a 600 cbr RR as my daily, i just never had the heart to part with the SPADA for some reason so its now my weekend cruise ride and yes the port and polish is a DIY.

carb has been fine adjusted by my cousin who knows a bit more about carb's than me. (carb noob :()

so you reckon bigger jets are gonna make a bigger difference than the port and polish?

im really honestly looking to better improve the sparda compared to what it is now. after all its my pet hobby.

vbroom
18-02-2011, 01:13 AM
if the P&P is DIY then for sure...go for it...that way you dont have to spend a whole heap of money on it.

then if thats not enough go for you start looking at the carbs.

i spose its hard to say which would make more difference.

bigger jets will allow more gas in which combines with your air filter and exhaust mod should give decent HP gain

but if you do the P&P job, that'll increase the flow of gas in anyway (if by a small amount)

night_wolf
21-02-2011, 04:47 PM
thanks for the headsup VBROOM :D ill let you guys know how it turns out.