PDA

View Full Version : My EM1 Build Thread- Suggestions wanted

Shalz_Em1
16-02-2011, 10:29 PM
This is my first thread ive ever posted and i was wondering if i could get suggestions to the following:
*whether to get fog lights
*light black tint on rear lights
*inovative engine mounts
*4-1 or 4-2-1 headers
*keep OEM lip black or spray back to factory silver

http://i55.tinypic.com/vrewe0.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/wl41h0.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2v3r5uq.jpg

blabla
16-02-2011, 10:35 PM
keep OEM lip spray back to factory silver yes

4-1 is good for hi end
4-2-1 mid to hi
im currently running (xforce) 4-2-1 would like a better quality set though

Shalz_Em1
16-02-2011, 10:47 PM
i think im gonna go 4-2-1, i think you would loose torque with the 4-1. And man all the exhaust places reckon as long as the headers are made from good steel the difference in headers is just not worth the price differences.

blabla
16-02-2011, 10:55 PM
just remember ppl like hytec rmf toda etc put alot of money into r&d. i got 91kw atw with stock internals, cai, 2.25inch custom exhaust xforce 4-2-1's and a tuned crome ecu. im looking to do some cams and prob itb or just a larger throttle bodie with skunk2 intake mani.

tigerwing
16-02-2011, 11:07 PM
hey bro ur car is beautiful...

only paint ur lip to factory silver...

and please dont tint ur tail lights....

respect!

mugen_ctr
16-02-2011, 11:23 PM
just remember ppl like hytec rmf toda etc put alot of money into r&d. i got 91kw atw with stock internals, cai, 2.25inch custom exhaust xforce 4-2-1's and a tuned crome ecu. im looking to do some cams and prob itb or just a larger throttle bodie with skunk2 intake mani.

The difference between a expensive one like Spoon an say xforce one as said, comes down to R&D, the types of metal used, the flow factor, heat resistant... alot of places may say all exhaust system are the same, crap talkers, they jus wanna sell there junk to you, research is the key to a well flowing, and performing exhaust system,it can be the difference between 10-20hp..... How the headers are designed will effect ur overall power band than any cat back system, so choose the right one for the application

id opt to go for a slighty larger TB, way less hassle over ITB, an much cheaper

ITb on a stock motor is as useless as a bigger turbo on a stock motor, to make every bit of it count, u really needa rebuild the whole engine, top to bottom, which can get $$$$

Go 4-2-1 for a street car, the low end torque will still be there

and also, stick to no foggies, as every em1 has em1 lol

dougie_504
17-02-2011, 11:57 AM
This is my first thread ive ever posted and i was wondering if i could get suggestions to the following:
*inovative engine mounts
*4-1 or 4-2-1 headers

Don't get foglights unless it's foggy where you live. WOTAM.
Light tinting is illegal isn't it?
Innovative engine mounts - I don't see the point unless your OEM ones are cracked. WOTAM.
4-2-1 header for daily driving. If you're going to do 1/4 mile racing then get 4-1 otherwise it's not worth the low-end loss and clearance issues.
Lip I think is fine either way :)

blabla
17-02-2011, 12:52 PM
The difference between a expensive one like Spoon an say xforce one as said, comes down to R&D, the types of metal used, the flow factor, heat resistant... alot of places may say all exhaust system are the same, crap talkers, they jus wanna sell there junk to you, research is the key to a well flowing, and performing exhaust system,it can be the difference between 10-20hp..... How the headers are designed will effect ur overall power band than any cat back system, so choose the right one for the application

id opt to go for a slighty larger TB, way less hassle over ITB, an much cheaper

ITb on a stock motor is as useless as a bigger turbo on a stock motor, to make every bit of it count, u really needa rebuild the whole engine, top to bottom, which can get $$$$

Go 4-2-1 for a street car, the low end torque will still be there

and also, stick to no foggies, as every em1 has em1 lol

(xforce = bang for your buck) my extractor back system cost more then the headers lol.. I would love to change them to like better. I have herd that 5ziegen headers are on pare with the xforce headers.

curtis265
17-02-2011, 01:49 PM
What do you watn from this car in the end?

Will you be tracking it regularly? Do you appreciate super sound quality?

and no don't tint ur tails, and yes, spray your front lip. Car looks great as it is.

Shalz_Em1
17-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Don't get foglights unless it's foggy where you live. WOTAM.
Light tinting is illegal isn't it?
Innovative engine mounts - I don't see the point unless your OEM ones are cracked. WOTAM.
4-2-1 header for daily driving. If you're going to do 1/4 mile racing then get 4-1 otherwise it's not worth the low-end loss and clearance issues.
Lip I think is fine either way :)

I want fog lights merely for the look, and my engines mounts are cracked hence why im considering the upgrade. I do plan to run the car down the track but its my daily driver in the end. And if i was to go with the fog lights i wll spray the lip silver as there would be too much black at the front.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/zach1288/carlisle001.jpg

Im goin for that look

Shalz_Em1
17-02-2011, 04:48 PM
What do you watn from this car in the end?

Will you be tracking it regularly? Do you appreciate super sound quality?

and no don't tint ur tails, and yes, spray your front lip. Car looks great as it is.

Tahnks Curtis.I really just want a car i can enjoy as in fairly quick for its size and has good looks exterior and interior, i currently have a nice sound from the car as ive done a 2.25" exhaust from the cat with a 5zigen fireball muffler and a custom CAI to the front bar.

SuperJDM.
17-02-2011, 05:04 PM
only problem with foglights is if you decide to go back to non fob light youll have a hole in the bumper on both sides

dougie_504
17-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I want fog lights merely for the look, and my engines mounts are cracked hence why im considering the upgrade. I do plan to run the car down the track but its my daily driver in the end. And if i was to go with the fog lights i wll spray the lip silver as there would be too much black at the front.

Im goin for that look

Thumbs up. Good look to aspire to and if you have the money to spare then go for the foglights.

4-2-1 header will be fine for daily with occasional track.

DNYALL
18-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Car looks great man :thumbsup:

- definitely spray the front lip same colour as the car.

- Good set of bang for buck headers for b16 is the 5Zigen 4-2-1. good price and great quality with decent power gains. Stay well away from xforce, I bought them first :/ noob choice by me...

- If your mounts are warn, might as well get some upgraded mounts as replacement. Same happened to me and I replaced with Haspsort, get em from the states for reasonable price these days.

- Yes to fogs, i'm a fan of them. Would recommend the 'DEPO' brand version (if you can't find/afford OEM set) I had the DEPO kit on my car, great quality, glass lenses, not plastic like the cheaper knock off kits...

- I'm not much of a fan on tinted tail lights but up to you man.

keep it up man :thumbsup:

curtis265
18-02-2011, 08:09 PM

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/zach1288/carlisle001.jpg

Im goin for that look

I approve of this look :)

MikeyG
18-02-2011, 11:41 PM
bys front bar, sprint hart cpr wheels 16x8 20+, full race turbo kit.. thats pretty much all you need!

bee-16a
21-02-2011, 08:55 PM
definitely spray the lip champ.. wouldn't recommend the fog lights especially because you have to cut into the bar and most of the foggies out there are fake anyways..
stay away from tinting your lights, it looses it's EM1 look..

niiCk
22-02-2011, 07:07 AM
i rekon spray the front lip silver and it'll look perfect..
btw did you get this car off a guy in Maroubra?

EK1.6LCIV
22-02-2011, 10:58 AM
*inovative engine mounts
*4-1 or 4-2-1 headers

1. Fog lights improve driving in fog and extreme rain, very decent investment
2. Don't go tinting oem factory lights, theyre very expensive to replace ($250 each new), they have heaps of ebay tinted ones you can get
3. Spoon, Mugen, Hardrace, Hasport... Hardrace for oem fit and stiffer bushings than stock and price at present
4. B16A2's Ive seen and been in run alot nicer with the 4-2-1, heaps of research online as well, but invest in a whole system (Headers, Cat, Resonator & Muffler to make the gains worthwhile)
5. Paint it the oem New Vogue Silver Metallic (NH-583M) in case it's not in your door area anymore

Shalz_Em1
22-02-2011, 02:10 PM
i rekon spray the front lip silver and it'll look perfect..
btw did you get this car off a guy in Maroubra?

Nah i bought it off a lady, first owner from Silvania i think. It looked like it was straight from honda lol. Heres a few pics of its progress

http://i55.tinypic.com/qqubrc.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/3090or9.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2i9m4p2.jpg

Shalz_Em1
22-02-2011, 02:13 PM
1. Fog lights improve driving in fog and extreme rain, very decent investment
2. Don't go tinting oem factory lights, theyre very expensive to replace ($250 each new), they have heaps of ebay tinted ones you can get
3. Spoon, Mugen, Hardrace, Hasport... Hardrace for oem fit and stiffer bushings than stock and price at present
4. B16A2's Ive seen and been in run alot nicer with the 4-2-1, heaps of research online as well, but invest in a whole system (Headers, Cat, Resonator & Muffler to make the gains worthwhile)
5. Paint it the oem New Vogue Silver Metallic (NH-583M) in case it's not in your door area anymore

I was simply gonna stick window tint on the lights not spray them, and at the moment i have a custom 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust from the cat to a 5zigen fireball muffler. So all i need is the headers so i can fit my high flow cat and complete the exhaust.

t4orce
24-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Whoa our cars kinda look the same

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/t4orcemps/Civic/civicslammed1.jpg

Don't tint the tails. It looks nicer this way.

sneakygreek
25-02-2011, 10:18 AM
I would love to get my hands on one with a sunroof, would just make my car im looking for.

latinstyle69
25-02-2011, 02:32 PM
sweet u got a sunroof dude, very rare here...

here was mine awhile back with fogs but a mugen replica lip:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/latinstyle69/IMG_2966.jpg

However paint the lip back to silver looks a lot sweeter:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/latinstyle69/untitled3-1.jpg
p.s. stock hright in this pic

b_rent
02-03-2011, 11:30 PM
great build dude, id like to own an em1 one day :P