PDA

View Full Version : ek strut bars

alphabeatsco
25-01-2005, 01:09 AM
to stabilise a civic ek4, what sort of bars would i need?
i can feel when im turning corners, my car is tilting to one side...

there are many bars, eg front and rear strut bars, stabilizers...front and rear low strut bars...

also i wanna know if the strut bars on ebay do any good....if anyone has any experience with them...thankz

n/a
31-01-2006, 12:36 AM
also i wanna know if the strut bars on ebay do any good....if anyone has any experience with them...thankz

heard many stories of ebay bars snapping and bending my the human hand, but there are others stories of them being very strong.

bennjamin
31-01-2006, 12:39 AM
check this out....just a few clicks away duh

swaybar function and results...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322

chassis reinforcement

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26132

|N|
31-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Rear Sway Is The Way Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BrianC
31-01-2006, 09:24 AM
My EK Vti-r that i bought recently came with a strut brace. Im the second owner and the first owner was kind of elderly, so i think mine might be a factory option. And it really makes no difference, still alot of body roll

|N|
31-01-2006, 09:28 AM
My EK Vti-r that i bought recently came with a strut brace. Im the second owner and the first owner was kind of elderly, so i think mine might be a factory option. And it really makes no difference, still alot of body roll

if u talkin abt hte one that came with black one in there.. they came stock with all EK4 and EM1.... and yes they dun do much ... u need a rear sway to kill the body roll.... its proven to work...

Project R
31-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah he's right you need a rear sway bar to reduce the body roll.

When you go around a corner your car feels like its tilting to one side because one of your rear wheels want to lift up. That called body roll. A rear sway bar is a metal bar that connects onto the left and right control arms.

So when you go around a corner, and one of your rear wheels want to lift up the sway bar will twist and try to push the other wheel up to balance the car.

BlitZ
31-01-2006, 10:42 AM

it does make a difference...
Take a long corner/bend....

Then remove it and attempt the corner...

It rolls but its heaps more stable..

I took my shocks out to adjsut them and accidently forgot to put my strut brace back... took it to the old road..

It felt weird.. i knew str8 away soemthing was missing.. still went fine.. but it wasnt as stable..

with that said.. get a sway a sway bar son

Limbo
31-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I have all the bars, front top, front bottom, rear bottom, 24mm rear swaybar.
They are all worth their money

PS I think your chassie will crack before any of the braces crack. I got all my braces from EBAY, and they are not bad for their price. THe more expensive brands are lighter and slight more ridge but i don't think there is that much difference.

The rear swaybar i would only recommend a whiteline one

After that you need your suspension to be able to handle all the stiffness otherwise your just gonna spin out cos the chassis is too ridge. So a suspension upgrade is a must later on if you wanna take advantage of all the work you've done.

This doesn't mean that you won't see an improvement. Each one will improve other things. The only thing is that once it is all ridge you will hear creaking from the parts when moving up and down driveways cos the body is so stiff. One of those things you gotta live with