PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on dc2r catback + cannon muffler on a GSI

charliebrown
18-02-2011, 03:50 PM
No dissing on the gsi please :o

Anyway i'm running bone stock at the moment and am thinking of going for:

- stock ITR b-pipe (2.25")
- axleback with a cannon welded on (unknown brand cannon)

What's your opinions? And what price should i be looking at for the whole thing

Cheers

jeremydawg
18-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Why do you want an exhaust? Your not doin it for the sound are ya? Save for an engine conversion! lolz

MWAKU
18-02-2011, 06:45 PM
no idea why you would want a itr bipe and just a cannon. as above ur probably doing it just for sound, just get the cannon.. if thats what u really want.......

if u want the ITR to "free up" ur breathing... first get some new headers and a hi flow cat. otherwise no point just changing the b pipe to a slightly wider diameter. waste of money

DC2-PWR
18-02-2011, 07:34 PM
no idea why you would want a itr bipe and just a cannon. as above ur probably doing it just for sound, just get the cannon.. if thats what u really want.......

if u want the ITR to "free up" ur breathing... first get some new headers and a hi flow cat. otherwise no point just changing the b pipe to a slightly wider diameter. waste of money

/\ what he said.

charliebrown
18-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Why do you want an exhaust? Your not doin it for the sound are ya? Save for an engine conversion! lolz

It's an auto! otherwise i'd turbo it after i get off Ps. Just want a cheap zorst upg but half decent

What kind of cannon would you recommend? Just a muffler and get a shop to weld it on?

btw the reason i was considering this is because a guys selling the stock itr bpipe + cannon muffler for 200

MWAKU
18-02-2011, 08:31 PM
AUTO?! PLEASE do not get a cannon. ur auto loud cannon is a head ache to other pedestrians, ur neighbours and so on. and u will pull cops left right n centre. just be a normal guy and leave the exhaust alone until you can afford something worth while

charliebrown
18-02-2011, 08:42 PM
How can you tell how loud a cannon will be? Is it larger the cannon outlet the louder it will be?

jeremydawg
18-02-2011, 09:41 PM
auto... Lols! Dont do anything to it man, aint worth it on an auto. If you want a fast car that sounds good get a manual. Auto is just no fun, sounds crap, slower, less control and IMO granny spec. Dont take this the wrong way, i wouldnt hink any less of a person for driving an auto. You just get so much more out of a manual...that is, if your going for a fast car that sounds good.

Have you got a manual licence?

charliebrown
18-02-2011, 09:47 PM
auto... Lols! Dont do anything to it man, aint worth it on an auto. If you want a fast car that sounds good get a manual. Auto is just no fun, sounds crap, slower, less control and IMO granny spec. Dont take this the wrong way, i wouldnt hink any less of a person for driving an auto. You just get so much more out of a manual

Hahah well then in a few years when i get off my Ps and get a better car, wouldn't it be that much better switching into a manual from boring auto? :P gotta start somewhere, atm im just gaining experience driving and learning about cars before jumping in the deep end

jeremydawg
18-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Hahah well then in a few years when i get off my Ps and get a better car, wouldn't it be that much better switching into a manual from boring auto? :P gotta start somewhere, atm im just gaining experience driving and learning about cars before jumping in the deep end

yeah mate, thats a good way to go about it! Atleast your not some noob that knows diddley squat about cars and is used to driving theyre dads auto and all of a sudden goes hmmm i think ill get my parents to buy me a turbo skyline i can handle anything. Two weeks later theyve wrapped it around a pole. Knowledge is one thing experience is another

GSi_PSi
19-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Mate don't get an loud exhaust on an auto car , sounds really lame and it's gonna be drowny. If you want a nice sound I suggest removing the resonators from your front bar and getting a nice pod or better yet just open up your lid off your intake for cheap ass styles . If you have an auto gsi I'd suggest making the car look as appealing from the outside and do suspension work. Make the car more easier to more around etc add ITR lip , ITR pods etc nice Jdm spec wheels

charliebrown
19-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Mate don't get an loud exhaust on an auto car , sounds really lame and it's gonna be drowny. If you want a nice sound I suggest removing the resonators from your front bar and getting a nice pod or better yet just open up your lid off your intake for cheap ass styles . If you have an auto gsi I'd suggest making the car look as appealing from the outside and do suspension work. Make the car more easier to more around etc add ITR lip , ITR pods etc nice Jdm spec wheels

Ahh im too bitch to remove resis cos ill screw something up while im doing it. May get CAI down the track. What do you mean open the lid off my intake? The stock airbox?

NightKids
19-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't get a cannon and it'll just make your car sound like absolute crap! Giving Honda drivers a bad ricey name!

GSi_PSi
19-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Ahh im too bitch to remove resis cos ill screw something up while im doing it. May get CAI down the track. What do you mean open the lid off my intake? The stock airbox?

yeah just remove the lid but to get the most sound remove the resonators man, you wont stuff up anything just remove front bar and its real easy
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL698/4382742/20662357/345085853.jpg

charliebrown
19-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Fark... i'm having such a hard time removing the airbox cover, screws won't come off lol wd-40 aint helping either :/ got no bloody equipment to remove resis either

muzukashi
19-02-2011, 07:08 PM
airbox cover should only be a few pins holding it on or so

charliebrown
19-02-2011, 07:20 PM
airbox cover should only be a few pins holding it on or so

Yeah there's 3 screws in plain sight, i just can't get them out...

androo
19-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Bet you're using a screw driver. You'll need a socket set instead.

charliebrown
19-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Bet you're using a screw driver. You'll need a socket set instead.

For real? Which bit do you unscrew? There's like a screw inside a sixagon thing -_-

charliebrown
19-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Ok nvm, i've took off the airbox cover... there's fkn leaves all in my airbox lol gotta clean it tomorrow. just got raped by mozzies doing it for like 2 minutes while dancing around... dammit

What's the downside now that i've got no cover? I realise more dust and shit will get stuck onto the filter(?) but anything else to do with heat or air or anything?

thanks for the help

GSi_PSi
19-02-2011, 10:13 PM
well did you test it out? remove the resonators bro , my little sister can do it lol it will sound so much better once removed. all it does is make the sound less its also restricting airflow

charliebrown
19-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Nah my cars blocked in at the moment, i'll see how the sound is without airbox cover tomorrow. I read on an s2k forum that they dyno'd the airbox cover on and off, noticed 7kw atw loss or something. And also having to replace it more often. I might put the cover back on if the sound isn't worth it :P

I found a DIY civic resi removal! No dc4 though lol. wanna give me a quick run down? wouldnt know where to start on taking off the front bumper and what the resi looks like

GSi_PSi
19-02-2011, 10:38 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Tykie/tyson11295.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Tykie/tyson11296.jpg
Borrowed off t-onedc2 diagram..
remove all those nuts, there is more underneath. then it should be pretty straight foward, remove the clips on the driverside splash guard
but only enought to be able to see the resonator, then just locate all the bolts and remove.

Indie
19-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't do the exhaust. It'll sound annoying and far too loud. Just do the CAI, and leave the exhaust alone I reckon. If anything, just the muffler and a small pipe. It's tempting to get the ITR setup for that price, but it's probably not really suited to your car's purpose.

I love how people are knocking autos. There's nothing wrong with driving an auto, especially if you want a nice cruiser. An auto GSI may be granny-spec, but not everybody needs to be driving a track weapon. It's just as valid to have visual and aural mods on an auto cruiser as it is to have performance mods on a manual.

charliebrown
20-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I've got a front lip so i'm gonna have to take that off to take bumper off yeah?

Anyway i drove around today without the airbox lid, it sounds sick. deep engine roar, but only when i accelerate hard. foots getting heavy :P need to get someone to drive it hard so i can hear it from the outside though, might not be noticable, only in the cabin it sounds sweet

Need to take resis out now, gonna be 10184901273981273x better hopefully :/ fk the exhaust lol hearing the engine is badass

GSi_PSi
20-02-2011, 02:47 PM
If you want a little gain in performance now source out a cheap filter or maybe go for the K'N Drop in filter it will fit right into your stock airbox.
Also when i was 16 and had my auto integra lol when i removed the resonator the airfilter was still loud even with the airbox top on

charliebrown
20-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah my filter is dirty as... it was white. Grey now and leaves all in it. Might as well replace it with a better one? Could you help me out with where to get a K&N drop in filter? Is that the one you can wash with water?

I need someone to help me remove the resi as well lol i cant do it =/

GSi_PSi
20-02-2011, 02:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Drop-Air-Filter-94-01-Acura-Integra-DC-JDM-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ea9af675QQitemZ30028 8767605QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Have you got the front bar off? its pretty simple after that just remove the bolts it should be bolted on to the driverside chassis rail

charliebrown
20-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Nah i haven't tried to take it off, because i wouldn't have a clue what i'm looking for once it's off. And also dont know how to put back on hahah

charliebrown
20-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Are these two exactly the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Drop-Air-Filter-94-01-Acura-Integra-DC-JDM-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ea9af675QQitemZ30028 8767605QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#shId

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190490176860&viewitem=#shId

Is there anywhere in AUS that sells? Gonna take like a month to arrive since paypal takes agessss to clear the payment plus its from usa

GSi_PSi
20-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Paypal goes in straight away?, it will take max 2 weeks to come . yeah there the same

charliebrown
20-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Alright thanks a lot gsi_psi for your help. Do i still leave the airbox lid off when i put k&n filter in? im assuming it would just be louder/deeper and feel easier on the acceleration than stock

charliebrown
20-02-2011, 03:44 PM
$115 from USA on ebay, or i can get it delivered to my door from sydney for $200 from autobarn -_-

GSi_PSi
20-02-2011, 04:22 PM
There's no need to rush mate just get the one from the USA and save that money for something else . No problem mate , I used to be in the same boat as you had an auto gsi, I worked the intake, installed a nice sound system and lowering+wheels was a nice cruiser. You have a facelift so in regards to looks you can make yours look pretty nice, colour code your side moulds to the body, add a ITR front lip, Optional skirts and pods.