PDA

View Full Version : Civic parts swap

stevo1210
19-02-2011, 11:53 PM
I have a question in regards to swapping parts from a parts car 1997 Honda Civic GLi sedan into a good working 1997 Honda Civic CXI hatch.
Basically the sedan is a write off, but all the internal electrics are still in A+ condition. I'm wondering if I can swap the cluster (I wan't a tachometer in my CXI hatch!) from the sedan into the hatch (both are manual cars), I have the COMPLETE power mirrors wiring harness, switch, relay and mirrors from the sedan... and also a set of COMPLETE power windows relay, harness/wiring and fuses from the sedan. Will these all fit into the CXI?
I know I'll have to source some door trims from a GLi hatch with power window switches and regulators... and possibly some nice carbon fiber exterior power mirrors for the hatch too.

Is this all possible to do?

Also with the cluster... the one in my CXI reads 170,000KMs... the one in the GLi sedan is 260,000KMs... can it be winded back to 170K KMs by some magical method?

MRGRIM
20-02-2011, 04:31 AM
the cluster can be swaped re the odometer K's you just pull the cluster apart and swap the speedo over there just a couple of screws its easy...and the plastics just unclip " clear and the cover"
mirror wiring will swap over no problems they are the same

jdm_b16a
20-02-2011, 05:53 AM
As an example, the side mirrors on an EG are slightly different between the hatch and the 2 door but they look the same, so even though the wiring harness is compatible you may find the mirrors are different. Better to check first.

Peter