PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Coilover Options

melvin
20-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Anyone have any experience with putting coilovers in there Jazz??

I've had a look at the FAQ/Useful Info thread but its more about
springs and is mostly outdated now that the products arent being
made anymore.

I just want some brands to look at to give me a better idea on
what to buy. If you've dropped your Jazz can you possibly
state the brand and how much you dropped it buy and any
comments on it.

Any help would be appreciated & Thanks in Advance.
Melvin

edit: forgot to add my Jazz is the 06 Vti-S GD3

GU357
12-04-2011, 02:13 AM
King springs, u can find them on ebay still available, but installing might be a pain so ask pedders or someone like tht if they can install springs u provide or if they got some.

apparently Tein springs are much better

$BBB
12-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I have King Springs in mine, the ride isn't too bad. It's just the drop, you won't notice it much until you compare it to another Jazz.

superlover
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I have tried serveral coilcovers like HKS, Teins, cusco, GAB and Endless.
I used to have GAB. Its comfortable in comparing to other brand like HKS in my word
Now i am using Teins Super compact, feel so much different. Much steady and wider range to adjust the height and flexibility.

GU357
14-04-2011, 12:42 PM
which keeps the best height? and is the stiffest? (giving least amount of body roll on corners)

superlover
16-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I would say Endless is very good one, but the price is also not bad :)
In contrast the price and quality with all the brands, I would go for Teins, this is also my final decision. As it can adjust the height and 15 levels adjustment.

chup
16-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I have set of bc racing type BR (gold series) coilovers on a 06 gd3.
Ride is heaps good, with 30 levels damper adjustable & height adjustable. You can get the ride as soft as stock suspension at the lowest damper setting, or adjust it as hard as rock. I currently have all 4 corners spun down to the lowest ride height setting .

I have a VTI,still on stockies. (14in steeelies). Lowest height has each tyre about half an inch under the guard. These coils drop the car pretty low, considering i still have stockies on the car. My front bar sits 3.5inches off the ground. I dont have a kit on the car either.

I'd recommend these if you just want to lower your car, if u use your car for daily driving & dont want to spend a fortune. (about 1300 bucks, brandnew)

GU357
17-04-2011, 01:29 AM
sorry guys i meant best height as in stayed high xD
i have a really bitch of a driveway, its a 45 degree slope downards and atm it scrapes the middle just slightly with over 150kg worth of contents in the car going down.

GU357
17-05-2011, 02:31 PM
if anyone has teins for sale PM me.