PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a vti-r

jazznewbie
22-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,

I am looking for a vti-r. I went on carsales and there are only about 14 cars in Victoria. Where else can I find them ? My budget is around $6000 - $8000. Oh one more question because of my limited budget, the one within the price range have really high kms, 200k plus. is the engine capable of lasting more than 300k ?

dougie_504
22-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Looks here too and www.firesport.com.au.

And yes it is.

Indie
23-02-2011, 03:54 AM
I wouldn't buy a car with more than 150k on the odometer, personally, and certainly not one over 200k. If I can't afford a decent example of a more expensive car, I'll buy a decent example of a less expensive car. In this case, I'd be looking at a GSI or an EG Civic, and driving that until I could afford to buy something higher spec that still had decent kms.

Having said that, if you're going to be buying a high-km example of any car, you could do worse than an Integra; the engines can last a long time. The longevity of any engine, however, is limited by how well it's been looked after, and Honda drivers can certainly be accused of revving theirs. Get an engine that's been revved highly and serviced improperly, and it's not going to make it to 300k without any issues.

I hope you find something that does you well, and fits into your budget. It will be hard to find a good example in your budget, however, and you will most likely need to make compromises. Best of luck in your search.

dougie_504
23-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Also remember that if an engine has been maintained properly then there's no issues with it being rev'd hard since it's a Honda engine and that's pretty much what they were designed for - no rev'ing when engine is cold, good oil/changes blah blah