PDA

View Full Version : injen dc5r

gilby126
22-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey guys

Now i know theres alot of threads posted up about injen intakes for dc5r's and you guys are probs sick of it, but i did search about it and found nothing on this...

I just put in my injen cold air intake today into my DC5R and i must say, im in love...sounds so F@%&ing nice especially when vtec engages. To me it sounds more so like a dc2r :D.

Anyways, ive noticed that there are improvements in power in the lower revs but when i hit vtec it doesnt seem as powerful as it used to?
pretty much my car is stock other than the intake. Anyone else got any ideas to why this is happening? or does it take time to wear in etc?
any help is much appreciated

davidvtec
22-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Maybe upgrading extractors and exhaust may help you. Intake aint enough

Vvvtec
23-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, as David said, your going to have to think about getting some headers atleast before you'll feel it much. Just think, you've got all that extra flow going into your motor, it's got to go somewhere, fast.

Good choice with Injen, i have one on my DC2 and I love it! Found it funny that you felt more improvements in the lower RPM's though, I felt mine in the top end :D

gilby126
23-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, as David said, your going to have to think about getting some headers atleast before you'll feel it much. Just think, you've got all that extra flow going into your motor, it's got to go somewhere, fast.

Good choice with Injen, i have one on my DC2 and I love it! Found it funny that you felt more improvements in the lower RPM's though, I felt mine in the top end :D

lol yeh i guess, but will be a while since im only a student lol. but thanks for the advice and that guys!
yeh i did quite abit of research and everyone on here was talking bout injen, Plus i ordered it from america so got it really really cheap! :D. Yeh there is improvements in lower to mid rpm's and when you hit vtec, all i can say is wow, it is LOUD! cannot imagine what it sounds like in the dc2r as their vtec is much louder than the dc5r as it is lol