PDA

View Full Version : Ground Wires

Philip Lee
25-01-2005, 05:34 PM
hi all,

anyone installed ground wires onto their Jazz??

where about did you hook them up to??

thanks

Philip

civiceg9
25-01-2005, 06:25 PM
http://www.sun-auto.co.jp/image/hotearth_016.gif

Hook them up to the spark plug bolts (the bolt use to hold the plug in) makes huge difference there. The space is tight around the Jazz, so just put on the body, somewhere near throttle body. The rocket cover etc. :thumbsup:

TypeG
25-01-2005, 08:38 PM
yes
it makes huge different in my car to be honest

flipmods
25-01-2005, 10:49 PM
What difference do you notice? :D

spoon fit
26-01-2005, 06:35 AM
thx!!!

Philip Lee
26-01-2005, 09:27 AM
thanks for the coments.

i've actually hooked 3 cables, but i dun think i hooked to the spark plug (coil pack). will try that out & see.

cheers

TypeG
26-01-2005, 03:28 PM
car runs a lot more smooth and able to rev more harder. The outcome is pretty obvious for $50-60 mod compare to other $$$ mod.
I hook 3 wires to the spark plug, it logically mean ignition power increase hints oil burn better.... etc
but worth to do it IMO

EG4
27-01-2005, 03:52 PM
also means your gonna short circuit urself faster

TypeG
27-01-2005, 03:55 PM
lol
dun tell me this EG4
one of yr frd install for me

EG4
27-01-2005, 04:01 PM
same, but then again if u think abt it

grounding thicker cables all around the car, makes the volts stronger, making them stronger means the chances of blowing things in ur car increases. Plus grounding them all over the place just bypasses the fuses.

BTW anyone wanna buy sum second hand grounding wires? haha

Philip Lee
27-01-2005, 04:10 PM
well i'm not an expert on these but i think grounding wires don't make voltage stronger. it only reduce the losses in the system.

alternator output remains the same, so i don't see how it will blow things. unless the factory has already factored in the losses when they select components. but i do believe they will leave a bit of margin. besides, there are already grounding cables installed from the factory.

civiceg9
27-01-2005, 07:07 PM
If your stock grounds are in good condition and your motor is fairly stock you will see not much difference. (your stock ground wire is not fuse either, only the + wire have a fuse). If you want huge performance gains you should try those grounding igntion leads with a capacitor.

If you start placing wires near the ht leads you stand a chance of inducing a potential difference in your new ground wire which will cause a voltage drop across the spark plugs and you may start losing power due to a weaker spark. using wire much fatter than stock is also stupid as you are only reducing resistance in one half of the circuit. The largest electrical load your car will ever experience is when you start it up, only the starter motor requires a massive ground and the alternator is similar etc. The main purpose of a ground wire is for quicker throttle response, stabilizes the engine at high RPM's, smooth out the idle, improve starting, better fuel mileage by improved combustion, decrease of interfering stereo noises caused by insufficient grounding.

Ground wires have a special rating and resistance. HKS and Spitfire etc make special ground wire kits for individual cars. All wires have difference rating and resistance, and all must be place at the point they specify as they have been measure and tested. If you want to stablise your voltage, then get a voltage stabliser, your grounding wires then would also improve its effectivness.

If you think is a JDM Hype that fair enough, but out in the real world people have been replacing the factory ground wires (alt-batt, block-ground, and tranny-ground) known as the "3-magic-wires". If you want to know where to ground your wires search for car ICE forums.

Philip Lee
28-01-2005, 02:18 PM
ummm very technical....