PDA

View Full Version : Bleed point for a D13B

rotary_snail
23-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, just about to fit my new radiator, hoses and thermostat this weekend. Can't recall seeing a bleed nipple on these(haven't went and looked for it yet, too dark). Is there one around? Near the thermostat like most cars?

ALSO whats the a/c system gas capacity? And would it contain the old or new gas, being a 92 model?

bennjamin
24-02-2011, 07:21 AM
just bleed air from the system the usual way if u cant find the nipple. Some D and B series have the 12mm nipple you speak of but not all for some reason.
Being a 92 model , it would have old gas in it. Not sure if its the nasty stuff or more recent ozone friendly stuff - but put a rag over it to bleed and capture the oil if ya keen. Remember you will have to convert the AC system to accept newer gas type if intending to refill - this involves new seals and possibly other parts.

markismaximus
24-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Some d series have a bleed nipple on the aluminium casting bolted to the head (follow the top rad hose) but as Ben said for some reason not all have this

bennjamin
24-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Some d series have a bleed nipple on the aluminium casting bolted to the head (follow the top rad hose) but as Ben said for some reason not all have this

yeah for example a b18c7 has the hole for the nipple (located on the coolant housing just at the front of the head) but no nipple while a b18c2 has one etc.

rotary_snail
24-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Ahh ok, yeah wasn't sure if it would have old gas in it. Might have to figure out the cost of parts to convert it myself then. Got an a/c license and machine so i won't be evacuating any gas via the screwdriver method. =P

Thanks for the help boys.