PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions Airconditioner pulley not turning?,

Yin
25-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey guys,

I've got DC2 Vti-r and when I start my car all the pulleys and belt seem to turn fine and as soon as I press the A\C button and hit the fans on the belt on the air conditioner slows down to a near stop is this normal because the car isn't moving? or should it still be spinning?

Also I've noticed my engine is leaking alot of oil and I found where it is leaking from but I'm not sure on how to go about to sealing it back up properly.

The leak is at the left end of the exhaust cam. (behind the vtec solenoid) It has a rubber cap which I just pushed back in and hope it stops leaking for now. Are you suppose to put gasket glue all over the cap and just shove it in or is there a proper way of doing this?

Thanks

Urabunchamupets
25-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Does this sound like you ?
http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/cam-seal-vtec-solenoid-oil-leak-29864/

Also, sounds like you might need a new bearing for your AC pulley. If the engine is running and you have the AC on, the pulley should still be turning on the compressor

bennjamin
25-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Also, sounds like you might need a new bearing for your AC pulley. If the engine is running and you have the AC on, the pulley should still be turning on the compressor

regardless the pulley moves with the belt , which is directly connected to the crank pulley yes. If this slows down/stops with the engagement of the AC thats the AC clutch related ( failing/seized) and needs to be addressed ASAP