PDA

View Full Version : recaro SR3 Replica on EG?

altong0840
25-02-2011, 11:20 PM
hi everyone, i just bought myself a recaro SR3 replica from my mate, but it came without rail and bracket. i am just wonder will the stock EG rail fit directly or i need to get the spoon rail/ recaro rail to fit it into my EG?

as it is the replica, not sure will it fit the recaro rai...

please help....l

dougie_504
25-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Ask him what rail it was on?

Or you could just remove your seat and give it a trial fit?

quangsuke
26-02-2011, 01:18 AM
im quite sure dc2r rails fit them as my mate used to have a set.

altong0840
28-02-2011, 09:55 PM
so i can reuse my EG OEM seat Rail and Slider on the recaro replica?
i had been told the seat was on DC2

the seat will arrive very soon, but just want to confirm if it is possible to reuse the rail and slider and save some money

Stoogey
28-02-2011, 10:43 PM
If it is a recaro rep then im assuming it would have the same mounting points as a proper recaro. It is different to the stock oem one. So if thats the case you may need to get dc2/eg recaro rails. You cannot just simply bolt a recaro onto the oem eg seat rails.

altong0840
28-02-2011, 10:52 PM
If it is a recaro rep then im assuming it would have the same mounting points as a proper recaro. It is different to the stock oem one. So if thats the case you may need to get dc2/eg recaro rails. You cannot just simply bolt a recaro onto the oem eg seat rails.

but do u know that can i just re-drill the mounting hole on the EG seat rail to fit the recaro replica on?
because the width of the recaro maybe different to the OEM seat?

quangsuke
28-02-2011, 11:18 PM
but do u know that can i just re-drill the mounting hole on the EG seat rail to fit the recaro replica on?
because the width of the recaro maybe different to the OEM seat?

not that easy to "just" redrill it.

when you take your seat rail off you got angle grind all the metal left on it to clear a bucket seat.
plus u have to buy aftermarket mounts that go on top of your rail.

then redrill the holes + you gotta find a way to re use your seat belt......

i have done this for my fixed back using eg rails.

stndrd
02-03-2011, 08:05 AM
i have a pair of genuine sr3's in my eg and i had to get a set of bride rails to mount them. the mounting points are on the bottom, not on the side like the factory seats so unless you can get a set of adapter plates, im guessing you will need some bottom mount rails