PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to have any issues with 18x8 +42?

Punkarama
25-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Sorry for making a new thread about this. However I only found a thread for low offsets n 42 sure as hell aint low.

My oldies decided to sell their Black 03 Euro recently and I snapped up the chance to be rid of my 5th gen lude and pick up a bargin from them....... However no bargin was to be had as they are tight as all hell!... So I am rather new to the Euro boards.

ANYWAY. Will I need to do any additional work to remove any scrubbing or such with those wheels? I dont mind if minor work is needed but I'm not after a headache. Could I remove any issues by using a certain tyre or no?

Shall purchase asap if isnt going to cause me to much hassle.

Thanks in advance.

dee-y
25-02-2011, 11:44 PM
No rolling needed. I'm running 18x8 +38 with 1 finger gap all round and have no scrubbing, so you'll definitely be fine. For your info, front at my specs sits pretty flush, but rear due to camber (mines at -2.7), I could probably go more aggressive.

white_ep3_civic
26-02-2011, 12:33 AM
You will have no dramas with those wheels. Had 20x8.5 on mine at one stage lowered and only scrubbed a little bit. So with 18's you should be fine.

Type R Positive
26-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Still need to have a test fit, it's all about caliper clearance and spoke design.......