PDA

View Full Version : New Master/Slave Cylinder and NO Pressure

tigerwing
26-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Hi people,

i have readed all related post about this but anything is like my problem...

i installed a new master cylinder and new slave to my civic and everything was good and nice ... then i bleed the line and for second time it was really good... here comes the problem...

when i'm driving for one push of the clutch, the clutch stay pushed like no pressure, but if i pull it up again, the pressure comes up again normally...

i bleeded it 2 times like this video but witout the vacuum bottle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-m5F0zEvyo

it happend me 2 times now... in 2 days...

can u help me please?

respect!

tigerwing
26-02-2011, 05:16 AM
please help... what im doing wrong?

dougie_504
26-02-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't want to watch the video, but when I did mine a month or so ago I replaced the CMC, fulled up the reservoir and pumped my clutch pedal for a long time (like half an hour straight or something). It kept staying down for a while, so it was push-pull-push-pull for a long time. Once pressure had returned to the pedal then I bled out the air.

Haven't had any issues since.

fatboyz39
26-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Air is still in your line. Crack the nipple open, run a clear tube over the nipple and into a bottle with 100ml of brake fluid. Get a mate to pump the pedal till no signs of air bubbles coming out then close the bled nipple. Make sure you top the reserviour and keep a eye on it as it'll drain very quick this method.

vinnY
28-02-2011, 04:54 PM
had my rubber hose burst on the weekend, check yours isn't leaking

if it's not tighten up everything again and hook up a hose and just let it gravity bleed
only took me about 10 minutes to gravity bleed the whole thing since it contains so little fluid