PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro , tranny issue???

rnbguy
28-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Guys,

I just bought a euro 2004 luxury, aaaaaand well, I love the car, but I can hear a whine when the car is idle, more towards high pitch then deep, when i rev it kinda speeds up the whine... I'm sure it's not p/s because when i lock p/s end to end, it doesnt change the noise.

Next day, I notice a massive puddle under the car of oil, I dont know if its tranny or motor oil but its crystal clear. I also notice when I idle that smoke comes from engine bay, I assumed it was degreaser (it's not exhaust smoke it doesnt smell like it at all), but now im thinking:

a) the lady i bought it off just topped up fluid and over filled now its just sitting on exhaust and burning, plus dripping (IM HOPING ITS THIS)

b) the tranny is about to shit itself and it's leaking

c) the drive shaft issue posted here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?145973-Just-bought-another-accord-euro

I wont have time to go mechanic till next weekend, so i'm not going to drive it till then, however is there anything I can check during the week at night as I get home after mechanics shut.

Fredoops
01-03-2011, 12:56 AM
1. Wrong forum. There is a forum for euro.
2 it is the power steering system, your ps pressure hose is probably leaking onto the exhaust heatshield. It's a $500 dollar repair with Honda genuine part.

trex101
10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I just bought a euro 2004 luxury, aaaaaand well, I love the car, but I can hear a whine when the car is idle, more towards high pitch then deep, when i rev it kinda speeds up the whine... I'm sure it's not p/s because when i lock p/s end to end, it doesnt change the noise.

Next day, I notice a massive puddle under the car of oil, I dont know if its tranny or motor oil but its crystal clear. I also notice when I idle that smoke comes from engine bay, I assumed it was degreaser (it's not exhaust smoke it doesnt smell like it at all), but now im thinking:

a) the lady i bought it off just topped up fluid and over filled now its just sitting on exhaust and burning, plus dripping (IM HOPING ITS THIS)

b) the tranny is about to shit itself and it's leaking

c) the drive shaft issue posted here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?145973-Just-bought-another-accord-euro

I wont have time to go mechanic till next weekend, so i'm not going to drive it till then, however is there anything I can check during the week at night as I get home after mechanics shut.

The colour for ATF is bright Red, i would check the PSF see if the level drop?

s2kme
11-03-2011, 01:49 AM
just check all your levels every 1-2 days if its leaking that bad and top them up untill u can go to a mechanic.... fill up the transmission... power steering... and engine oil... the radiator as well just remember it is a honda, parts are not cheap... and if you cannot fill up genuine honda oils use substitutes for engine oil use synthetic... depending the car u can usually substitute power steering for tranmission fluid or the other way around but seeing its a honda check on the forums and see how u go just take it a bit easy and check all ur levels...

trex101
11-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes, you can substitute your PSF with any ATF fluid.

grifty
11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Yes, you can substitute your PSF with any ATF fluid.

not in a honda.

trex101
11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
not in a honda.

Sorry my bad, just did some research and found that you need to use "original Honda power steering fluid" because Honda PSF contain large amount of anti-foaming additives to prevent air bubbles & anti-whining which most ATF does not have.

Fredoops
11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Open the hood, turn on the motor. Turn the wheel lock to lock. Have someone look at the engine bay, especially the powering hose on the driver side.... Watch the spray....