PDA

View Full Version : brake bleeding pattern

twitch
28-02-2011, 08:39 PM
hey guys! i just need a little help here.. i was just wondering whats the brake bleeding pattern for honda civic 90? thanks!

bennjamin
28-02-2011, 08:41 PM
furthest from the BMC and work your way back. So that means rear left , rear right , front left and then front right.

twitch
28-02-2011, 08:46 PM
whoa! thats so quick! thanks man! really appreciate.. cheers!

string
28-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Get the Honda workshop manual. It tells you everything you need to know. I have the 1990 Integra version (very similar to ED/EF) which gives an order* which contradicts the above advice of "furthest from the BMC and work your way back". I think it would be smart to trust the people who designed the system.

*For RHD: Back right, front left, back left, front right.

dorikin
28-02-2011, 09:12 PM
^ Thats right

Follow this 3 - 4 - 1 - 2

(This diagram is from a US service manual (LHD) that's why I reversed the order)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/397/bleedseqff2.jpg

(http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?91398-civic-96-brake-bleeding-sequence)

bennjamin
28-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Get the Honda workshop manual. It tells you everything you need to know. I have the 1990 Integra version (very similar to ED/EF) which gives an order* which contradicts the above advice of "furthest from the BMC and work your way back". I think it would be smart to trust the people who designed the system.

*For RHD: Back right, front left, back left, front right.

I just use the apparent industry standard - but listen to the people who designed the system.

EDIT here is one for a car with drum brakes ( ED ) (LHD - just swap as above

* as u can see , the image is drum brakes

rotary_snail
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Furthest from the BMC is the standard as said. You shouldn't have any issue on a non-ABS system using that method. But as said, use the workshop manual.

For ABS equiped cars, you have to worry about the solenoid valves sucking air back in and how the manual says to overcome this issue.

mugen_ctr
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Furthest from the BMC is the standard as said. You shouldn't have any issue on a non-ABS system using that method. But as said, use the workshop manual.

For ABS equiped cars, you have to worry about the solenoid valves sucking air back in and how the manual says to overcome this issue.

really? i just used the same method as said above, still does the trick i guess, and also, if u got no fluid, the abs light will always be active, so keep that brake fluid topped up

na-118
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
depends what system your working with,, split or single system,.

rotary_snail
02-03-2011, 06:26 PM
All your cars should be split systems, they haven't used single systems for a longgggggg time. Around the 70's they went out of fashion for good reason. And what i said about the ABS equiped vehicles, take it with a grain of salt. Although i said that, i have never heard or seen of any problems occuring due to that. But it is a precaution your supposed to take...

bennjamin
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Isnt the proportioner = split system ?

na-118
02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
if you work in a workshop you will know these old school cars still get around,, good to know both ways anyways,,
thats right ben just letting the guys know they might work on something different one day that they havnt come across atleast there aware of it now

cra16ybaby
03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
i suck as much as the old fluid out first, then refill it with good fluid then bleed from NSR, OSR, NSF, OSF regardless of abs slpit system etc, unless its needed like on pajeros where you need to actuate the abs pump to bleed the acumulater, but on a civic you dont ned to.