PDA

View Full Version : NSW Defected and need to be emmision tested.

Timothy
28-02-2011, 10:27 PM
So i just got a 1994 EG5 as a bit of a project on the side and i got pulled over and defected for "not complying to exhaust emmision standards" due to my exhaust being a little loud and having a exposed pod filter.
I also got fined $143 and have to get my car emmision tested :S
Just a couple of questions:
1.Has anyone had to get there emmisions tested? if so how strict are they on passing a car?
2.After getting a stock air box and a quiter muffler put on what else would i need (new cat ect.)
3.The engine blows a bit of grey (kind of) smoke when its in high revs/vtec (maybe valve seals?), would this affect it passing the emmisions test?
4.Do you always get a fine with a defect?

Sorry for all the n00b questions guys.. but any info would be great :)

nikolaz01
28-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi mate! my brother got defected for his integra vtir.. exhaust was too loud and exposed air filter.

He changed it back to stock muffler and barely made it passed emissions, so if you have full exhaust i recommended changing which ever back to stock if you can. Headers,cat,axleback to stock..
The grey smoke im not to sure on that one but you might have to fix that problem up first before you head there just incase..And when i got defected for my car they never sent me to for epa, i just had 2 weeks to clear my defects,exhaust they didnt even use the decibel reader to measure the sound,cai,hid.
And i did not get a fine what so ever.. so it really depends on how they see your car and up to the coppers if they feel like being a dick or not good luck!!