View Full Version : NSW Rego/Inspection dilemma.. :(

01-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey guys,

I'm kinda stuck in a dilemma not knowing how to get an inspection done when my rego has expired.

So, in order to get my registration completed I will need a safety check completed on my car first, HOWEVER, my rego has expired as of today.

Any advice ?


01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
all you need to do is go inspection station get pinky and pay green and then rego, just drive to location

01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Will it matter if its unregistered ?? I know its an offence but will the inspection peepz care ?

01-03-2011, 07:08 PM
nah why would they care for as long as they make there money on the pinky, well how far do you live from inspection station, if your scared just book it first then if you get pulled over tell them you booked it via that mechanic

01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
True true, assuming its going to be at cabramatta - i wouldn't think they'd care. :)

But yeh, thanks. :)

01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
I had to drive my car unregistered aswell, should be fine, if u want though could write traffic on cardboard and put it on your car, but it looks stupid lol :p

01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
putting traffic on car is illegal now, im assuming you still have your plates just drive your only getting a pinky anyawys

01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
just call the rta you get a 1day pass to get your pink n green slip

01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I think i'll just drive it normally.. nothing suss anyways, if i get pulled over ill just explain :)

Hope for the best ay. (Y)

01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Should plan to get inspection and rego in one day. Just book the inspection so, I guess you can tell the cop to call and confirm. Stay in your local area imo.

02-03-2011, 02:19 AM
As someone already mentioned before.

You need to go to your closest mechanic, first you should call them and let them know that you're coming for a pink slip e-safety slip, or whatever they call it these days.

If a cop pulls you over on your way to the mechanic, you can notify the cop that you have already made an arrangement to get your pink-slip and they can't do anything about it. If they want to get anal, you can give them the contact details of the mechanic so they can call and confirm.

Just make sure it's the closest one to you, or you can get in trouble.

After you get the pink-slip, go drive to your closest RTA and re-register the car and you won't have any problems after that.