PDA

View Full Version : Got into an accident

ck.kyo
02-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey guys just got into an accident today whilst turning right into the driveway of a car wash, whilst turning i was hit in the rear passenger side of my car, thus causing me to lose control and the front hit a pole, accident was pretty serious and im wondering if it is my fault, as i was turning right into traffic, but when i looked before i turned i didnt see any cars and i heard the driver say he didnt see me and he didnt brake, but from what i hear its most likely my fault but i just want to know if there is any chance its not my fault?

Secondly my car is insured for full comprehensive, but for market value, and i have aftermarket parts such a CAI, rim+tyres,coilovers,camber kit which are still in good condition after the accident and i never told nrma about installing those parts, i have the original parts so can i get those parts back by giving nrma the originals? Thanks for any help.

Fredoops
02-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Turning right into a driveway.
You are at fault, insurance wont even bother with arguing liability on this one, it's pointless.

Secondly my car is insured for full comprehensive, but for market value, and i have aftermarket parts such a CAI, rim+tyres,coilovers,camber kit which are still in good condition after the accident and i never told nrma about installing those parts, i have the original parts so can i get those parts back by giving nrma the originals? Thanks for any help.
Give insurance the origional parts.... as they wont pay for the mods if you had not told them beforehand (so they wont pay you the extra money for things you didnt pay them extra to insure in the first place), so you might as well take it home and sell them here on the forum.

white_ep3_civic
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
You are at fault as you had to give way at that driveway. I'd be worried about those modified parts that you haven't told your insurance about as they may not pay you since you haven't told them about them.

natnat
02-03-2011, 11:40 PM
where did the other vehicle come from? oncoming traffic? then hit your rear left hand side on the door area?

did you get a police to come? witness?

anyway, when I had an accident in August 2010, I had not told AAMI about my mods beforehand. But I was insured at agreed value of $29500.

My mods incl Enkei PF01 and Conti rubber, BuddyClub N+, etc... total was around $7000.

Cut long story short, all details here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?137923-Good-Bye-CL9....
It was the other party's fault. They did repair quote and it was $23k to repair, so it was written off instead and they paid me the agreed value. Market value of the car in similar conditions at that time was $20-$23k, so it worked out like as if I had sold the car for top market value + mods costs.

ck.kyo
03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Hey guys thanks for the replies, car is pretty much 100% written off and it most likely is me at fault, so nothing so say about that, but what i want the most atm is to swap my original parts for my mods, how would i go about doing that? My car is insured for market value which was really silly and stupid of me, sigh, hope everything goes well. Will keep u guys updated.

Mods include Modulo Voltage front bar (gone), Tein monoflex, 18" Work VS-XX, Injen CAI, Camber kit, project kics nuts.

natnat
03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
then you should at least swap the wheels and nuts asap.

or is the car already at the insurance company assessment centre?

the tein... if you can arrange for a mechanic to swap them then do it asap.

do it before they do valuation, else it would be PITA to get them later on.

i had to argue with AAMI that the cuzco strut bar and project kics nuts were not included in the policy because they said they had valued the scrap based on what ever was there. luckily they let me go with the kics, had to come to the assessment centre and swap them with stock nuts myself.

natnat
03-03-2011, 10:13 AM
i am currently with NRMA and have plan to put on Wedssport SA-60M + Bilstein PSS10 soon, so i will update my policy's agreed value to include those mods as these alone are worth 20% of the new car's value.

ck.kyo
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
After the accident the car was taken by NRMA to smithfield, not sure if its at an assessment centre, it happened yesterday, so ill try get it done asap today. Thanks for the help. Cheers.

antony
04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Not sure if it was your fault,as if you were hit in the back whilst waiting to turn,it is the drivers fault who turned into you...........

HunterZero
04-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Sucks dude. Hope it works out for you.

Not sure if it was your fault,as if you were hit in the back whilst waiting to turn,it is the drivers fault who turned into you...........

It sounds like he turned right into oncoming traffic, and an oncoming car hit him in the rear left door, not in the rear?

- HZ

antony
05-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Not sure,because he says his car was hit in the rear...not rear passenger door.

Its all a little bit vague ???

I would like to see pictures........

MWAKU
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
he got hit on the side, t-boned by oncoming traffic, but it was more to the rear

i reckon the other guy was speeding for sure, he overheard the conversation between the police, and the guys goes "i didn't see him"... da ****

tony1234
05-03-2011, 08:46 AM

I'm thinking the same think.More info needed.

jim57a
06-03-2011, 12:22 PM
as everyone else has stated, you've turned right across traffic so you'd be at fault.

in regards to your mods, they are classified as part of your vehicle so you won't be able to get them back. the assessor will just add the value of all your mods onto the prior accident value (PAV) and you'll get paid for your car and mods together.

did they tell you where in smithfield they towed the car? if it's percival st, then it's repairable. if it's woodpark rd, then your car's a write off.

if your car is a write off, you won't be able to register in NSW anymore. as of the 31st of Jan, RTA no longer recognises the difference between statutory write-off and repairable write-off. if the cost of repairs is more than market value, the insurance company will notify the RTA and your car is pretty much gone

lemmiwinks
06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
in regards to your mods, they are classified as part of your vehicle so you won't be able to get them back. the assessor will just add the value of all your mods onto the prior accident value (PAV) and you'll get paid for your car and mods together.

Is that only the case if you declare your modifications? And would it still be the case if you were insured for an agreed value?

ck.kyo
06-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the kind replies, i beleive i am at fault since i turned into incoming traffic, i am with NRMA for market value and i beleive they have included my mods since they are paying me out 23k, i have some belongings left in the car which they told me to pickup at percival st in smithfield, so not sure whats going to happen, since the car cant be registered does that mean they are just going to destroy it? They havnt contacted me if i can buy back the wreck so dont have any idea of whts going to happen, my mods havnt been declared but do they still take them into account when they assess my value? Thanks for all the replies everyone.

grifty
06-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the kind replies, i beleive i am at fault since i turned into incoming traffic, i am with NRMA for market value and i beleive they have included my mods since they are paying me out 23k, i have some belongings left in the car which they told me to pickup at percival st in smithfield, so not sure whats going to happen, since the car cant be registered does that mean they are just going to destroy it? They havnt contacted me if i can buy back the wreck so dont have any idea of whts going to happen, my mods havnt been declared but do they still take them into account when they assess my value? Thanks for all the replies everyone.

it will be auctioned off and a wrecking yard will buy it. if it has already been written off then it can never be registered again.

KillerTofu
06-03-2011, 02:54 PM
well, if the guy is caught speeding, wouldn't that be 100000000000000000000x in your favor? i'm assuming?

i couldn't see them saying you turned into the traffic,someone hooned around the corner, didnt look at you and smacked you, your fault..

that is if the cops can prove/he admits it was his fault/he was speeding.

idk, good luck dude! sucks ass, be grateful you've got comp though!

antony
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
ck.kyo,what car are you going to be replacing your Euro with ???

Another Euro ???

Let us all know...you must be very sad.

lemmiwinks
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
well, if the guy is caught speeding, wouldn't that be 100000000000000000000x in your favor? i'm assuming?

i couldn't see them saying you turned into the traffic,someone hooned around the corner, didnt look at you and smacked you, your fault..

that is if the cops can prove/he admits it was his fault/he was speeding.

idk, good luck dude! sucks ass, be grateful you've got comp though!

Yeh, It would be extremely hard to prove that the other party was speeding. Unless there were any witnesses, they're gonna say you're at fault.

MWAKU
06-03-2011, 09:12 PM
if your car is a write off, you won't be able to register in NSW anymore. as of the 31st of Jan, RTA no longer recognises the difference between statutory write-off and repairable write-off.

true, but u can still go through the RTA and go through the steps to try and be able to repair and re rego the car, but the rta has to grant you this.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/written_off_vehicles_summary_brochure.pdf

natnat
06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
best to just take the pay out money and move on.

a car that has been in an accident could have its intended chasis tune distorted and sensitive drivers will feel it, things will no longer be tight, etc etc..........

also when the time comes to sell, prospective buyers will ask the usual 'has it been in an accident' question and the smart ones will just skip it and others may just push the price lower and lower.

best to clarify with NRMA if the payout of $23k is inclusive of what they see in the car, or not, or if they're happy for you to swap the wheels / nuts (easiest to swap), swap the Injen (will take an hour or more).

jim57a
14-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Is that only the case if you declare your modifications? And would it still be the case if you were insured for an agreed value?

doesn't matter if you declare your mods or not. it's still classified as a part of the vehicle.

if you have an agreed value, you don't get your parts back. it'd be your lost if you didn't increase your sum insured.

tron07
14-06-2011, 11:10 AM
he hit you, dont admit fault and let the insurance settle it. if the insurance say you are at fault then only you pay for it