PDA

View Full Version : Trouble from imported EF9*

hoyin3132
02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi there i am driving Civic EF9

just bought it like 3 weeks ago n the car is not in good condition.

My mechanic told me that I need to replace some of the following:

*Both side Tie Rod End
*Front brake rotor X2
*Front bush for handling( as much as u can replace*)

So the problems is: I bought a Tir Rod end for EF9 but it was a bit longer than
the old one, n i ask the staff to check it again n they just got one part number,
so i have no ideas wt should I do next.

Is there any person that can give the right part number of Tie Rod end n Brake rotor??

DNYALL
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure about the tie rod, but if they are your only problems with a car thats over 20 years old, then your onto a winner, trust me.

ToF
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry I'm sort of in the same situation with my tie rod end bushes. I think it would be useful if someone could shed light on whether EF9 suspension and its parts are identical or interchangeable with other lower models such as EF1-9 or EDs.

Thanks guys.

hoyin3132
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I have gone to Honda parts shop and asking for a new tie rod end, but they said that they need to communicate with the dealer of honda in Melbourne

and sending a request to Japan, the reason y they did that is they don't got any parts for Honda import( I know most of them are interchangeable), that's

what they did to imports Honda's. So i will wait for their reply n hope i can solve this problems ASAP coz my tyres are almost showing the wire.....Sigh*

hoyin3132
03-03-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure about the tie rod, but if they are your only problems with a car thats over 20 years old, then your onto a winner, trust me.

Nah i got heaps of porblems on mine, tie rod end is just the one that i can't find the solution.

Oil leak from Engine Sum, Rocket cover gasket, VTEC solneild, Bushes worn out, exhaust leak, Air- con leaking gas etc....

but as u said, it had been 20 years, so i will be expected for that "happen"....>.<

mooshie
04-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Honda Australia is a real pain when it comes to imports or imported parts. In Adelaide I have always had problems, they never like to help if you tell them it is an import.

As far as I can tell, all EF/ED tie rod ends should be the same part numbers 53540-SH3-013 and 53560-SH3-013 for left and right or (vice versa) How much longer is the one you have? they can adjust a reasonable amount, possibly you can just wind it on a bit further?

for brake disks, I wouldn't get genuine, there are a lot of quality manufacturers and suppliers in Australia and you should be able to get a set for half the price of OEM

DNYALL
04-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Nah i got heaps of porblems on mine, tie rod end is just the one that i can't find the solution.

Oil leak from Engine Sum, Rocket cover gasket, VTEC solneild, Bushes worn out, exhaust leak, Air- con leaking gas etc....

but as u said, it had been 20 years, so i will be expected for that "happen"....>.<

Yep, know your pain man. I recently bought a 90' bmw, looked to be in great shape. Then I had to spend about 2-3k on it (bushings, suspension etc) to get it back to its original awesomeness.

crxtasy
05-03-2011, 02:01 AM
ED tie rod ends are longer than EF8-9, you could always cut down ED ones to suit. The part numbers i have for my EF8 which is the same as EF9 are:

53540-SH3-N11
53560-SH3-N11

Not sure what numbers suit left and right.

EF7 and ED9 tie rod ends are the same.

crxtasy
05-03-2011, 02:19 AM
If you need any more part numbers (front bushes) let me know as i have the EPC for the EF9.

Most of the dealers dont have a clue about imports and CBF searching for part numbers, much easier to supply them with the exact part number you want, saves a lot of time to.

Replacement front discs from DBA, part No. is DB474.

ToF
06-03-2011, 03:07 PM
crxtasy, many thanks for the info, +rep for you. I find it hard to find import information on here unless I truely suck at searching lol.

MRK20CRX
06-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Can't you just give them your VIN and they can find it and order them for you?

grifty
07-03-2011, 04:29 PM
no since they wont have the vin on their records since its an import.

ToF
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
no since they wont have the vin on their records since its an import.
My local dealer suggests otherwise. They asked me to bring in my VIN number that's stamped on the firewall so they could check parts compatibility. If they work anything like Nissan they would have the VIN numbers of imports in their system.

MRK20CRX
07-03-2011, 10:18 PM
My local dealer suggests otherwise. They asked me to bring in my VIN number that's stamped on the firewall so they could check parts compatibility. If they work anything like Nissan they would have the VIN numbers of imports in their system.

This is correct, my Crx is an import (ef8) and they ask for my VIN

hoyin3132
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
thanks guys will try to find those tie rod end in local workshop.^^

Setanta
11-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm a bit late to this thread but I owned an EF9 for 6 years.

Use the tie rod numbers as per a previous thread. For Rotors/brake pads head to your local brake shop (I used Better Brakes at Blacktown) and have them measure the rotors - they ended up using Aussie Integra and CRX ones on my EF9 - I can't find the receipts for it though. For lower Wishbones, use the EG ones - they bolt up to the EF (although I used a file to cut a shallow relief to improve clearance and as a bonus, allow you to use EG suspension components.

I have a feeling I have a parts/accessories catalogue for the EF on my hard drive somewhere - I'll see if i can find it.

Option 2 - just because it's a JDM car.... don't forget it's sister EFs in the UK/Europe - I got engine mounts from the UK for mine - and while it set me back an international call - at least I was speaking to people to whom English was their native language.

dougie_504
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM

Still very easy problems to fix! Will be worth it.

The EF8/EF9 use the same rotors and pads as the DA9 Integra and are completely interchangeable.

For bushes you can buy the replacement sets (Hardrace etc.) and I would recommend changing as many as possible as they almost always get stuffed at this age.

Sump seal, rocker cover seal, VTEC solenoid seal are all B16A parts but for the VTEC solenoid seal you might have to ask for an NXS one for the JDM B16A (I think).

Exhaust leak either weld it up or buy a new sexy exhaust part.

Air con leak, just get somebody to dye it.