PDA

View Full Version : Air/Fuel Ratio

integragsi96
03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey hey
Sam here wondering something. I have no idea if I can (I highly doubt) but I'd just like to know.

Is there a way to make the B18b2 Fuel ratio more rich without having to buying a Air/Fuel controller/Buying bigger injectors or Having to get a ECU tune?

aaronng
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes, the dodgy way is to wire up a resistor to the MAP sensor. But it is dodgy.

integragsi96
03-03-2011, 05:02 PM
hmmm....this could work
dads a electronic technician...
doubt he would help me tho.
i just want some more power...dont wanna spend big cos its only a dc4.
thanks mate i will research on that and may give it a shot.

AE092
03-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Making it more rich won't make any more power, you're just dumping in more fuel which makes it less fuel efficient.

integragsi96
03-03-2011, 07:56 PM
maybe not....but i am a fan of the black puff of smoke whenever someone dumps it

AE092
03-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Making it rich won't give you a puff of smoke like how the turbo cars will on gear shifts, instead it will give a constant stream of black smoke as though your engine is rooted and about to die in the as.s

u mad?
04-03-2011, 04:33 AM
thread of the year

integragsi96
04-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Making it rich won't give you a puff of smoke like how the turbo cars will on gear shifts, instead it will give a constant stream of black smoke as though your engine is rooted and about to die in the as.s

ahh fair enough...
just sick of the b18b2 engine being such a $#!t engine

mugen_ctr
04-03-2011, 01:33 PM
hahahahahaha, i think u need to swap cars if u want that effect! Go buy a skyline or something LOL... Turbo cars are nortorious for this effect, and its not good or bad

integragsi96
04-03-2011, 02:59 PM
rather a 180sx over a skyline anyday...skylines are the new jdm commodore....

string
04-03-2011, 03:27 PM
If you hate your car so much then get a different one.

integragsi96
04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
im poor lol
thanks to the qld floods

mugen_ctr
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Just turbo ur b18b, there was a kit on sale not to long ago, for the same engine, save urself the hassle an buy that :D

string
04-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Hahaha. Don't feed the poor, just TURBO THEM!

Edit: The B18B is decent but crippled by the gearbox. This is how Honda really separated the 3 models; with 3 different final drives: 4.26, 4.4 and 4.7. Same engine torque but different wheel torque (which is what you feel).

Super-DA9
04-03-2011, 05:23 PM
B18C2 swap, they're going cheap nowadays :)

integragsi96
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
yehh the gearbox is really a killer on my car..
but im on my green p's so i cant turbo
also the car is auto so is it really worth the manual conversion?

Lukey
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
get a diesel if you wanna blow black smoke.

nissan patrols with td42t engines are well renowned for it

Super-DA9
04-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Hmmm, if you wanna do a manual swap I'd suggest doing the engine at the same time because it's easy to pick up an engine and gearbox as a pair and sometimes not too much more pricey. that way you're getting more satisfying power put to the ground through a better gearbox, two upgrades in one job. :)

But I can understand it's very difficult to aim for high goals without big income, hell my income sucks lol so I just take it a step at a time and do most of the labour myself to save money.

But whatever you do man don't muck around with your cars air/fuel just for that black smoke effect, thats gonna affect your fuel economy which is probably not what you want when you're tight for cash, and doing dodgy things like tapping into the map sensor could affect your reliability too. :(

Also I think when people see smoke coming out of hondas they won't think "turbo", they'll probably think "burning oil".

Save your gold for a performance enhancing project on your teggy, or a car with power that satisfies you. it might take a while but if you hang in there and budget well it'll happen man :)

Which ever way you decide to go I hope you find a good job soon man, I've been jobless for a year before and I know how much it sucks.. :(

Good luck!

integragsi96
05-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Hmmm, if you wanna do a manual swap I'd suggest doing the engine at the same time because it's easy to pick up an engine and gearbox as a pair and sometimes not too much more pricey. that way you're getting more satisfying power put to the ground through a better gearbox, two upgrades in one job. :)

But I can understand it's very difficult to aim for high goals without big income, hell my income sucks lol so I just take it a step at a time and do most of the labour myself to save money.

But whatever you do man don't muck around with your cars air/fuel just for that black smoke effect, thats gonna affect your fuel economy which is probably not what you want when you're tight for cash, and doing dodgy things like tapping into the map sensor could affect your reliability too. :(

Also I think when people see smoke coming out of hondas they won't think "turbo", they'll probably think "burning oil".

Save your gold for a performance enhancing project on your teggy, or a car with power that satisfies you. it might take a while but if you hang in there and budget well it'll happen man :)

Which ever way you decide to go I hope you find a good job soon man, I've been jobless for a year before and I know how much it sucks.. :(

Good luck!

thanks mate.
yeh when i was earning a income i was buying small things for it every 1-2 weeks so it was great...
but yeh now im down to centrelink money and the fuel economy already sucks on it...
500kms per tank buy driving like a granny...750kms highway (it loves the highway) or <300kms in city with giving it a little bit every now and again or 200kms giving it heaps.
but yeh i was either thinking after getting a job just going out and getting something good! or spend the same amount of money doing up the tegg