PDA

View Full Version : Retaining power steering in EG B18C *URGENT*

Tegzieboi_BAR
04-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi guys, i have heard a few mixed things regarding power steering when doing a B18C conversion into EG's. I have an EG5 which will be receiving a B18CR transplant in the near future. I intend on retaining power steering.

Are there any parts required ie: steering rack, high pressure p/s hose, etc from the DC2 that will be needed in the conversion in order for the p/s to work? Thanks guys, i have a DC2 shell with all parts so its just a matter of pulling off what i require before i get rid of it which i intend on doing asap

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Pav

90LAN
04-03-2011, 01:00 PM
straight fit

Tegzieboi_BAR
04-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Sweet though so, but my mate recently did a B16 conversion to his EG Vei and im not 100% sure of the issue but something didnt line up so he had to replace the whole power steering rack.

dorikin
04-03-2011, 01:25 PM
If you have the whole shell you might as well take the Power Steering system out (steering rack, lines, pump) and then everything will fit straight on. DC2 steering rack also has a quicker ratio.

While you're at it consider taking the sub-frame and the brace from the DC2 which EG doesn't have.

and if you're gunna use the DC2 steering rack make sure you take the uni-joint too (joint that connects to steering column)

But it's definitely possible to retain EG steering rack, lines and use a B-series pump. Although from what I've read OBD2 pumps have a different hardline fitting.

Tegzieboi_BAR
04-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Cheers dorikin, im not going to bother with the entire system, i have a buyer for the shell already so cant really go and grab things off it unless he doesnt need em. I have the brace already but just wanted to find out the necessities for the conversion and at this stage it looks like i have everything needed but may as well hold onto the power steering rack if the buyer doesnt intend on using it.

dorikin
04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
If you decide to keep your EG steering rack and lines just make sure your hardline fittings are the same as the p/s pump you're going to use.

I've also read of a way to keep the D-series pump on a B-series engine, from memory you had to use Del Sol 94-97 p/s brackets

Tegzieboi_BAR
04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I will be using a DC2R p/s pump on a EG5. I guess I'll have to find out the hard way when I do the conversion if it's a direct fit :s

ECU-MAN
13-03-2011, 01:28 PM
You need to use the DC2 high pressure hose.

Tegzieboi_BAR
14-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Damn shame about the late reply I got rid of the car already, hopefully the wreckers don't charge an arm and a leg for these.

thaizeg
14-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Another way is to use a ps pump from a prefacelift dc. My eg ps line didnt fit the obd2 b18c ps pump i just swapped it to an obd1 integra pump and it was a straight fit. Much easier to do than changing the lines.

Tegzieboi_BAR
14-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Hmmm yea that sounds alright might look into that actually as I'm having a few issues trying to find a p/s pulley as mine is damaged, so I may as well go for that. No probs, I guess I just need to know my options n c what will work n what won't n then just pick the cheaper option. I'm hoping some of my mates might have some junk laying around that will come in handy.

Thanks for the replies guys!

mooshie
15-03-2011, 08:38 PM
If it helps at all I have a B18A P/S pump all in pieces. the pulley might fit?

Tegzieboi_BAR
16-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh if that's cool I may pop by and compare? PM sent