PDA

View Full Version : b18c engine problem

amondo
04-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi, I recently rebuild the b18c2 engine and put a 81mm high compression piston, , When I started the car today, the idle was very unstable and the highest I can go is 3000rpm when I step on the accelerator, and its off when i not step the accelerator. when the car getting hot, it even can't start. anyone have a idea what's going on?? thanks

ToF
06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Sounds like the ECU is in limp mode to me if it isn't reving past 3000. The unstable idle also suggests you might not have plugged in the AFM or TPS? Also check your knock sensor is plugged in.

Regarding the car not starting when it gets hot, I would assume that it's running too rich. This would be fine in cold start but once the motor is warm it is less likely to run with so much fuel. This could be because your tune is too rich or your cold start sensor/thermo is faulty and still reporting your car is cold when in fact it's warm.

ECU-MAN
06-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Honda's dont use AFM

ensure you havent plugged the TPS into the MAP and vise versa

altong0840
09-03-2011, 08:33 PM
my car is running really rich and burning lots of black smoke when is in high revs, but when i put my foot on the accelerator, its not running and cannot pass 3000rpm. my mechanic said could be the injector or fuel pump not working probably due to the high compression piston. and he done the compression test is like 220 per cylinder. anyone know do I have to change a fuel pump or injector for a high compression piston? thanks

ECU-MAN
11-03-2011, 08:08 AM
check the computer

by the way why do you have two Oz Honda Accounts ?