PDA

View Full Version : Oil filtrr for b20 vtec?

r3ckless
05-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,,,,

B20 vtec engine here.. What size/model oil filter do i need?

mooshie
05-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Just get OEM or HAMP, available from a couple of the traders on here, bout $18 they are generally smaller than cheaper aftermarket and easier to handle I find.

If you want to go aftermarket- probably the most common one is the Ryco Z79A for about $10 available from just about any parts store.

All B-series filters are the same, when you go into a shop just ask for 'a 1996 Integra oil filter' or something and you will get the right one. BTW when you go OEM you get a FREE crush washer for the oil pan bolt (they did give me 5 once for free when I asked for one...) :)

dougie_504
05-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Just use Honda filters, I believe AEM did a filtration/flow test a few years ago and found that the OEM filter was superior to other brands.

They're not that expensive anyway.

ToF
06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Ryco Z79A for about $10 available from just about any parts store.
The OEM replacement from Ryco does just fine. The important thing in oil filters are the anti drain-back valves which the Rycos have. There is no need or benefit gained from paying a manufacturers premium on essentially the same product produced to the same specifications. Just as an example, I went to Honda for a fuel filter, they wanted $80, I went to Autobarn for a Ryco/Wesfil OEM equivalent which only turned out to be $30.

BTW if you get a Drift oil filter they come with the bonus of a nut on the top for those times when they are a bitch to come off so you can just easily throw a spanner onto it.

bennjamin
06-03-2011, 06:57 PM
imo just get a honda oil filter.
otherwise any honda-compatible part will do - just change it ever 10,000ks and all good.