PDA

View Full Version : VTEC Vs. MIVEC Vs. VVTi-L

spetz
27-01-2005, 09:42 AM
What are your opinions on these systems?
Which is the best, worst and why?

Please don't compare specific cars but just engine technology, power, torque?

VTEC obviously the the most popular, Toyota's system I haven't heard much about, and MIVEC I heard has more low end power, smoother?

Anyway I supposed this is an extremely biased forum but try to keep comments fair.

Thanks

Catcha
27-01-2005, 12:56 PM
They are all the same, varible valve timing, just different manufacturer call them different things, but each one that you have named above do exactly the same as each other. 2L VTEC, 1.8 VVTI V6 Mivec. just all depends on engines and capacity.

EuroAccord13
27-01-2005, 01:44 PM
VANOS! VTEC is a copy of VANOS, just that they improved it so well it can be called their own invention...

Personal Experience.. I had a 1.6L Mivec before and that thing is a guzzler... but it does compare with the power output of a VTEC engine though, the lancer had like 175HP @ the fly from 1.6L...

PhatSol
27-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Search people....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5063&highlight=VVTI

vti-2
27-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Search people....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5063&highlight=VVTI
:thumbsup:

Please post any further discussion and/or questions in the thread above. Thread closed.

wynode
27-01-2005, 04:08 PM
VANOS! VTEC is a copy of VANOS, just that they improved it so well it can be called their own invention...

Personal Experience.. I had a 1.6L Mivec before and that thing is a guzzler... but it does compare with the power output of a VTEC engine though, the lancer had like 175HP @ the fly from 1.6L...
VANOS doesn't change valve lift.........VTEC does :)

Variable Camshaft Control (VANOS) adjusts the timing of the camshaft on an engine speed sensitive basis in order to control the closing and opening time of the inlet and exhaust valve. This significantly improves the torque curve and fuel efficiency.