PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter for DC5S

gmanych
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi, According to my service manual I need a fuel filter, Ive read my owner manual and it says:

"Replace fuel filter every 40,000KM (Except Australia and New Zealand)"

So why not Aus and NZ?
Do i not have to replace my fuel filter at all?

Honda want to charge over $ 380 for a service with fuel filter. Which I think is crap.

So whats the deal?

Thanks!!

EVLGTR
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi, get your fuel pressure tested first. Filter should only be replaced when pressure drops a specified value of 320-370kpa (46-54psi)
$380!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, id tell Honda dealer/mechanics to shove it up there (glad this place isnt affiliated with H & HA) . i think thats a load of crap as well, you can replace a fuel filter in 3 or 4 easy steps

Oz_Striker
06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi, According to my service manual I need a fuel filter, Ive read my owner manual and it says:

"Replace fuel filter every 40,000KM (Except Australia and New Zealand)"

So why not Aus and NZ?
Do i not have to replace my fuel filter at all?

Honda want to charge over $ 380 for a service with fuel filter. Which I think is crap.

So whats the deal?

Thanks!!

Depends what else they are going to do in the service, is it just a general service with filters and oil so to speak? or are you having other stuff done? $380 is outragious if they are only changing the fuel filter and doing the general oil change and filter changes IMO.

aaronng
06-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Usually it is a 80,000km interval for replacing the fuel filter. The quality of fuel here could be a bit better than overseas.

gmanych
06-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Depends what else they are going to do in the service, is it just a general service with filters and oil so to speak? or are you having other stuff done? $380 is outragious if they are only changing the fuel filter and doing the general oil change and filter changes IMO.

oil (which I supply Mobil 1 5-30) oil filter, fuel filter. thats it!

ECU-MAN
08-03-2011, 12:57 PM
DC5 does not use a regular fuel filter like the previous integras. and no its not 3 - 4 simple steps to replace either

fuel filter is in the fuel tank, its part of the fuel pump holder assembly and is ment to be replaced every 80,000km

Mattski_VTIR
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
^^^ well said, i have done quite a few of these now and not as simple as the older under bonnet style!! The Filter itself is not cheap either, but i think $380 is a bit rich especially when you are supplying your own oil. You could even attempt at doing it yourself, just make sure you have a good look at the assembly before pulling it apart. I have to do my brothers DC5S soon so i will take some pictures and post them up on the DIY section.

WATAJK
08-03-2011, 04:11 PM
With the fuel filter... don't the rear seats have to be removed aswell from memory? lol..

Mattski_VTIR
08-03-2011, 05:04 PM
With the fuel filter... don't the rear seats have to be removed aswell from memory? lol..

Yeah mate sure do!! Most of the k series hondas need a speacial tool to remove the plastic nut that seals the filter/pump assembly to the tank. The accord euro doesnt, just has 8mm bolts that holds it in, much easier. Because puting that plastic nut back on is a pain!!

WATAJK
08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah mate sure do!! Most of the k series hondas need a speacial tool to remove the plastic nut that seals the filter/pump assembly to the tank. The accord euro doesnt, just has 8m bolts that holds it in, much easier. Because puting that plastic nut back on is a pain!!

I thought so, so obviously the comment below this is obviously incorrect... Doesn't amaze me.

Hi, get your fuel pressure tested first. Filter should only be replaced when pressure drops a specified value of 320-370kpa (46-54psi)
$380!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, id tell Honda dealer/mechanics to shove it up there (glad this place isnt affiliated with H & HA) . i think thats a load of crap as well, you can replace a fuel filter in 3 or 4 easy steps

EVLGTR
10-03-2011, 11:37 PM
I thought so, so obviously the comment below this is obviously incorrect... Doesn't amaze me.

I happen to remove the fuel filter of my mates dc5s. removing the seats, accessing the panel and unlocking the locknut it just an easy step which you probably couldnt do & have to get your "auto electrician" to do that LOL... fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. once you open the lock nut, you're staring down at a fuel filter and remove that in order and re-install it in a reverse order (these are simple steps, for me that is)....which as usual i wouldnt be amaze if noobs like you couldnt do.

Once again, youve outdone yourself mate, i just dont know why you keep bumping my replies. if you dont hv much to say i suggest you stfu :)

DC5-23NVI
11-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I happen to remove the fuel filter of my mates dc5s. removing the seats, accessing the panel and unlocking the locknut it just an easy step which you probably couldnt do & have to get your "auto electrician" to do that LOL... fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. once you open the lock nut, you're staring down at a fuel filter and remove that in order and re-install it in a reverse order (these are simple steps, for me that is)....which as usual i wouldnt be amaze if noobs like you couldnt do.

Once again, youve outdone yourself mate, i just dont know why you keep bumping my replies. if you dont hv much to say i suggest you stfu :)

EVLGTR is correct about how to replace dc5 fuel filter. it is under the seat. in the fuel tank. there is a big plastic lock nut u should be able to unlock by hand after remove the cover on top first. i did it myself and thought it was quite easy if u disconnect and connect everything else the way it origionally was. the fuel filter cost me $110 from honda. It was a bit of a pain in the arse because i did it at night but as long as u track back its pretty easy

WATAJK
11-03-2011, 03:54 PM

You amaze me but im not going fight with you but you will find someway to quote this and write a stupid reply.
But anyway, i don't do my own servicing due to wanting to keep logbooks for resale value and i don't have the time nor the patience. I just take it to Honda, simple, i make enough to pay the bill so it doesn't mind me.
Reason:
Last time they made a mistake, they fixed what was wrong free of charge (aftermarket part aswell which played up after the car came back to me)

Im done, peace =)

EVLGTR
11-03-2011, 07:14 PM
You amaze me but im not going fight with you but you will find someway to quote this and write a stupid reply.
But anyway, i don't do my own servicing due to wanting to keep logbooks for resale value and i don't have the time nor the patience. I just take it to Honda, simple, i make enough to pay the bill so it doesn't mind me.
Reason:
Last time they made a mistake, they fixed what was wrong free of charge (aftermarket part aswell which played up after the car came back to me)

Im done, peace =)

Mate i dont care what you do with your car, im just here to share the experience i had changing a fuel filter.

Good on you for taking your car to the mech/auto elect. in fact, i wouldnt care how much money you cough up to your bum-chum mechanic/auto electrician.........the difference between you and me is that i actually do it myself and feel the enthusiasm in working on my car (or my mates)
Resale value???...pfft, at the end of the day you're still the loser (i mean generally we're all are when it comes to investing in cars) coz car value depreciates.

for the record, you calling me stupid. at least im not the stupid one who doesnt knw how to adjust a headlight

WATAJK
11-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Mate i dont care what you do with your car, im just here to share the experience i had changing a fuel filter.

Good on you for taking your car to the mech/auto elect. in fact, i wouldnt care how much money you cough up to your bum-chum mechanic/auto electrician.........the difference between you and me is that i actually do it myself and feel the enthusiasm in working on my car (or my mates)
Resale value???...pfft, at the end of the day you're still the loser (i mean generally we're all are when it comes to investing in cars) coz car value depreciates.

for the record, you calling me stupid. at least im not the stupid one who doesnt knw how to adjust a headlight

Only 1 way to learn mate, being shown so yeah.
Btw dude, as i said, i don't have the time nor patience, if i could really be bothered i would but as stated in my last post and here.
I ain't a loser in modifying my car nor is anyone else.
Think you should really ask yourself some questions in why people modify there cars.
People don't modify them to get the same amount of cash back, they modify them to make them more enjoyable to the owner.
Some might prefer a car purely OEM, Others JDM Spec etc etc

But no-one modifies there car to make money. So we aren't losers at the end of the day because were putting money into an asset that we own so we can enjoy it while we have it.
Money is there to be earn't & spent so we enjoy our lives just a little bit more.

I ain't going to reply, i said i wouldn't last time but i had a slight change of heart but now i won't be.
Last comment directed @ you in this thread.

bennjamin
11-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Dc5/rsx same fuel filter as ep3 ? Same process for install ?

EVLGTR
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Btw dude, as i said, i don't have the time nor patience, if i could really be bothered i would but as stated in my last post and here.
I ain't a loser in modifying my car nor is anyone else.
Think you should really ask yourself some questions in why people modify there cars.
People don't modify them to get the same amount of cash back, they modify them to make them more enjoyable to the owner.
Some might prefer a car purely OEM, Others JDM Spec etc etc

But no-one modifies there car to make money. So we aren't losers at the end of the day because were putting money into an asset that we own so we can enjoy it while we have it.
Money is there to be earn't & spent so we enjoy our lives just a little bit more.

I ain't going to reply, i said i wouldn't last time but i had a slight change of heart but now i won't be.
Last comment directed @ you in this thread.

Hahahahaha...and what does your reply have to do with DC5S FUEL FILTER???? ZERO!!!!...moron.

What are you talking about "modification"?...God help some poor soul in here will come in and think changing a DC5S filter is part of a car modification LMAO!!!!

45SET
11-03-2011, 10:20 PM
For some reason I can't rep you EVL.

Great info, and good to have you back from your short hiatus.

EVLGTR
11-03-2011, 11:43 PM
rofl, did you miss me?. appreciate it 45SET.
Although couldnt care less about being repped as this aint OzHonda-idol.

Rather see someone minusing a rep for that tool "WAT A JOKE" for following me in almost every post just to reply in a negative way. kid has issues.

EVLGTR
11-03-2011, 11:56 PM

ummmm didnt I showed you how to adjust a headlight?? yet you still take your car to the auto electrician to adjust it. hahahaha

Yes you're spot on people enjoy their cars, some enjoy doing DIY's with it, others........or maybe not others coz you're the only one i know in particular, would hv a personal mechanic on hand 24/7 just to change an interior fuse, change oil and filter and in this case a FUEL FILTER. LOLLL