PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads???

Astro
27-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,

well its come to the time where i need to change my brake pads.

Can you guys please let me know what brand of pads u guys using and purpose (street/track) and the price and let me know if your happy with it.

just want to know whats the go out there.

cheers,

-MuGen PoWer-
27-01-2005, 11:34 AM
yeah i need to change my brake pads 2!

LO_N_SXC
27-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Metal king pads from bendix with DBA sloted discs, street use is awsome! :thumbsup: recommend you to do your brake fluid while you're at it you will get better feel of the brakes.

Price: Pads:$85pair* Discs:$260pair* Labour:my self.
*Prices are for a DA9 ls Teg and on special personal discount.

Note: this pads are disc munchers, discs may last deppending if you have a heavy or a feather foot when it comes to the brake pedal, if heavy braking is your thing??? Changing discs to DBA's or equivalent is highly recomended. :D

Astro
27-01-2005, 12:12 PM
thanks for your reply LO N SXC.

anyone else use any other brands?

egSi
27-01-2005, 12:17 PM
man i got bendix ultimates at all 4 coners, munching on stock rotors and they are OK, i mean i paid heaps for em and shit, the next ones im gettin are gonna be endless i think.

they r better than stock but they were a rip off :thumbdwn:

Astro
27-01-2005, 12:36 PM
egsi: i called a few placed and they said that Bendix dont make Ultimates for EK4.

where did u get yours and how much?

LO_N_SXC
27-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah how can that be??? it was just hard enough finding metal kings for my LS. :confused:

egSi
27-01-2005, 01:35 PM
egsi: i called a few placed and they said that Bendix dont make Ultimates for EK4.

where did u get yours and how much?
shit sorry man, i have an eg5 Si HB. sorry i meant to say that. :o

LO_N_SXC
27-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I was about to say wtf????? make sense now. :D

ECU-MAN
27-01-2005, 09:03 PM
OEM are a bit pricy but they last ages on the street and dont kill your rotors as much or as quick as some aftermarket pads

liberx
31-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I've tried a couple of pads in my 91 crx, specifically for a bit of track work (Mallala is real hard on 'em).

Currently I've got Ferodo DS2500's :thumbsup: - which I haven't managed to fade yet. They are also much better than expected for the street (when cold), and of course only get better with a bit of heat. I'm running EBC grooved rotors, and some gobbled together cooling ducts.

Pads where a bit pricey (~$220ish I think), but provide more performance than you're likely to need on the street. Based on my expereience I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them (or the DS2000s which are more a high performance street pad and presumably cheaper).

Prior the ds2500s, I had a set of Pagid (Blacks?? - Hi Po street). They felt great on the road. About $160 Pair.

Anyone else tried either of these? I'd be interested to know if experiences where the same, cheers.

wynode
31-01-2005, 07:56 PM
What about some RB75s? (or was it 74?)

Astro
31-01-2005, 10:21 PM
thanks for all your comments....i have heard of Ferodo being very good too.

I was thinking of getting EBC green stuff, good for the rotors too?

anyone used EBC green stuff?

**Ghost**
31-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey man i drive an EK4 as well, same color : )

neway EBC greenstuff is a bad idea... even though they tell u its ok for stock discs, its NOT. I was over at my mate's house and they made another EK4's disc's concave...imagine a dinner plate

SINISTR
31-01-2005, 11:36 PM
hey.

since this is a topic closer to my heart at the moment, as I only did my pads before xmas - heres my 2 cents!

I did a bit of looking around, did some reading, spoke to a couple people... AND ended up getting ENDLESS VN8500 (those were the only pads Endless make for the 91 CRX).

I got the Endless for the front at $250 per set and OEM Honda Pads for the rear at $100+ per set.
Running stock Rotors, I can only really notice a bit of dust on my mags atm.

I do street driving and a little bit of motorkhana/track work - and I've very happy with my Braking Pads. They are definatelly alot more responsive pretty much off the blocks when driving normally - No brake fade etc (havent done any major major braking) but they are keeping very well.

Can be a tad expensive compared to your $160 sets but I don't think these will chew through your disks as mainly organic and not metal.

Cheers

SPEEDCORE
01-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Girlfriend and I have on her EK4.... Endless NA-R (soon to be superceded by the Euro X) on front and NA-S at the rear. These have been combined with Endless TRUTH brake fluid..... (there IS another fluid available from endless now, just weigh up what you really need for YOUR needs).

Ok..... this combo has been great on the road once you've done a few kms with a few braking points ie. your usual morning traffic, but at the track is where they really shine, amazing actually. I never thought that the stock brake system would perform so well with just pads and good fluid with a good machining of the rotors. I was always in the mentality that you need to get massive rotor and caliper kits to get very good braking..... these pads and fluid changed my mind.

OEM rotors seem to be holding up fine....... though I have not inspected them closely.... the pads have been on the car for almost a year now of everyday street driving.... (its the G/Fs daily driver :) ) and about 10 track days and a couple more general practice days.

My style of braking is very late and hard then modulate from the point where I know the ABS is about to cut in. The combination of these pads has I believe complimented my braking style in the sense that they are quite linear in braking force.... ie. its NOT everything or nothing causing you to be prone to lockup ...... you can modulate your braking force easily if you know what your doing and your foot is sensitive enough.

To me the combination has been very very good for everyday driving also. You really do need a high grip tyre to make the most of them on the track.... and on the street need a very decent street tyre too... so as not to have the ABS massaging your foot in the event you need to stop quick!

Hope this helps mate....

Regards,
Speedy.

redliner
01-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Bendix or OEM honda pads.. coz oem are jus as gd as any other brand